HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #40 (closed)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Pretty crazy that if Coronato's lead holds up only 20 teams will be represented in the top 40 prospects.
its not that unrealistic, lots of the teams that haven't had a player listed yet have had long term playoff success so they definitely would not have high-end prospects or have players that have graduated from being prospects.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
You seem to miss the point every time you reply to me. A little tiring. I have already said I would have Greig ahead of several guys already voted. That's not the point.

I have been very high on Greig since before the draft. I rated him top 20 that year. But when 75% of his votes are coming from Sens fans, including one who said he voted for him because of Sens-familiarity, I think its fair to take a step back from criticizing the votes that Knies is getting. That's all I was saying. It isn't a clear, egregious bias to vote either of them around this spot.
Are you always this disingenuous?

I said I voted for him out of three guys. Not the whole list. Flip a 3-sided coin. I chose the side I'm most familiar with. At least I was honest about it rather than trying to push a narrative.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Are you always this disingenuous?

I said I voted for him out of three guys. Not the whole list. Flip a 3-sided coin. I chose the side I'm most familiar with. At least I was honest about it rather than trying to push a narrative.
I am not saying that as a shot against you. You were up front about your bias and we all have biases. I was just using it to illustrate my point about Knies, while not being my pick (just like Greig isn't yet my pick), not being an egregious one. Apologies if it came off as a shot across your bow, it wasn't intended that way.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I am not saying that as a shot against you. You were up front about your bias and we all have biases. I was just using it to illustrate my point about Knies, while not being my pick (just like Greig isn't yet my pick), not being an egregious one. Apologies if it came off as a shot across your bow, it wasn't intended that way.

Ahh ok. My bad. I was cranky last night. Lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I have no idea where you took this from but these players are not similar at all. It's like saying that all of David Perron, Brad Marchand and David Backes are similar players.
1. None of these guys will be 100 points players.
2. They all have similar qualities.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
1. None of these guys will be 100 points players.
2. They all have similar qualities.

Sorry got mad busy again

1. I never talked about production... I specifically quoted this part of your post : "Knies and Grieg (and Pinto) are all very similar player"

2. Hmm, which? I mean, it must be general stuff because they're 3 very different players

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sorry got mad busy again

1. I never talked about production... I specifically quoted this part of your post : "Knies and Grieg (and Pinto) are all very similar player"

2. Hmm, which? I mean, it must be general stuff because they're 3 very different players
Theyre all gritty/physical forwards with high IQ and very good skills but maybe lacking a bit in high end offensive skills.

Like Panarin, Kane, Kucherov and Gaudreau or Bergeron, Kopitar and Backstrom.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Theyre all gritty/physical forwards with high IQ and very good skills but maybe lacking a bit in high end offensive skills.

Like Panarin, Kane, Kucherov and Gaudreau or Bergeron, Kopitar and Backstrom.

Ok I see a bit more but don't find Pinto be gritty/physical, just a cerebral 2-way center like Danault. Has a pretty good one-timer too, which is one of the skills that Greig is not high end.

I see a power forward, a smart 2-way center ala Backes (but not physical) or Danault (with a better shot) and a skilled 2-way pest winger that does it all (ala Marchand)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ok I see a bit more but don't find Pinto be gritty/physical, just a cerebral 2-way center like Danault. Has a pretty good one-timer too, which is one of the skills that Greig is not high end.
Id say Danault is the same kind of tenacious forward as all these guys. (Just worst offensively)

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad