HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #40 (closed)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Owen Power - D:sabres18. Alexander Holtz - RW:devils35. Danila Yurov - RW:wild
2. Matty Beniers - C:seattle19. Brandt Clarke - D:kings236. Joakim Kemell - RW:nashville
3. Jake Sanderson - D:sens20. John Peterka - LW:sabres37. Dylan Holloway - C:edmonton
4. Luke Hughes - D:devils21. Dylan Guenther - RW:coyotes38. Shane Pinto - C:sens
5. Juraj Slafkovsky - LW:habs22. Lukas Reichel - C/W:hawks39. Jonathan Lekkerimaki- RW
:nucks
6. Shane Wright - C:seattle23. Cutter Gauthier - C/LW:flyers40.
7. Simon Edvinsson - D:wings24. Matthew Savoie - C:sabres41.
8. Mason McTavish - C:ducks225. Marco Kasper - C:wings42.
9. Jack Quinn - W:sabres26. Frank Nazar - C:hawks43.
10. Logan Cooley - C:coyotes27. Kaiden Guhle - D:habs44.
11. Simon Nemec - D:devils28. Logan Stankoven - C:stars45.
12. Kent Johnson - C:cbj29. Jakob Pelletier - LW:flames46.
13. David Jiricek - D:cbj30. Maverick Bourque - C:stars47.
14. Wyatt Johnston - C:stars31. Pavel Mintyukov - D:ducks248.
15. Marco Rossi - C:wild32. Olen Zellweger - D:ducks249.
16. Cole Perfetti - C/RW:jets33. Aatu Raty - C:isles50.
17. William Eklund - LW:sharks34. Thomas Bordeleau - C:sharks

To add:
Rutger McGroarty - C
Isaac Howard - LW
Brad Lambert - C/RW
Ivan Miroshinchenko - LW

Calen Addison - D
Justin Barron - D
Nikita Chibrikov - RW
Luke Evangelista - RW
Carson Lambos - D
Fedor Svechkov - C
Jack Rathbone - D
Jordan Harris - D
Ville Heinola - D
Sakir Mukhamadullin - D
Zachary L'Heureux - LW
Jordan Spence - D
Zac Jones - D
William Dufour - RW
Sean Farrell - LW

Past lists:
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2021)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 2020-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 2019)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 2018)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #50 FINAL (summer 2017)

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Woof.
How the hell is Knies winning this? lmao
While not my vote amongst the current options (went Korchinski, next would go Coronato, and after that would start considering Knies).... there are FAR worse rankings in this list so far. Won't name them because it will lead to a pissing contest but wow, there are some bad ones.

I'd also argue our Sens contingency getting Grieg all his votes is a little biased ;) (maybe to make up for the low ranking of Pinto?)

Reactions: banks

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Gritsyuk

1661537908585.png

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Anytime there is an HF poll it skews towards Canadian team prospects because those teams have more posters on this site.

Someone could also argue that HF polls skew against the Leafs and Habs, because of general dislike for those rabid fanbases.

I voted Knies, and I don't think it's so unreasonable to do so. The Hockey Writers just listed him 24th. But it's impossible for anyone to suggest he belongs at 40? Ok.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Woof.

While not my vote amongst the current options (went Korchinski, next would go Coronato, and after that would start considering Knies).... there are FAR worse rankings in this list so far. Won't name them because it will lead to a pissing contest but wow, there are some bad ones.

I'd also argue our Sens contingency getting Grieg all his votes is a little biased ;) (maybe to make up for the low ranking of Pinto?)

I personally tried to vote Greig over Pinto but I'm one of the few who is higher on Greig. Votes for prospect #2 on the Sens board were 71-5 for Pinto. I had one of the 5

I have been trying to promote Greig for 18 months, pretty much since I saw his first 4 AHL games at 18 y/o. I even tried to get him added as an option in this poll last summer and it didn't work.

Greig is not as "obscure" anymore. People saw him in the WJC (he couldn't prove himself in the past with injuries and covid), they heard Cameron call him Canada's best player on a team with McTavish, Zellweger, Bedard, etc. They have seen him in the WHL, AHL and even NHL preseason games*

Craig Button had him as the 18th best prospect in the world in April. People have been noticing him. There is no bias trying to vote him now around #40

* A goal from last preseason. Some people seem to think he's a 3rd line prospect...

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I personally tried to vote Greig over Pinto but I'm one of the few who is higher on Greig. Votes for prospect #2 on the Sens board were 71-5 for Pinto. I had one of the 5

I have been trying to promote Greig for 18 months, pretty much since I saw his first 4 AHL games at 18 y/o. I even tried to get him added as an option in this poll last summer and it didn't work.

Greig is not as "obscure" anymore. People saw him in the WJC (he couldn't prove himself in the past with injuries and covid), they heard Cameron call him Canada's best player on a team with McTavish, Zellweger, Bedard, etc

Craig Button had him as the 18th best prospect in the world in April. People have been noticing him. There is no bias trying to vote him now around #40

You seem to miss the point every time you reply to me. A little tiring. I have already said I would have Greig ahead of several guys already voted. That's not the point.

I have been very high on Greig since before the draft. I rated him top 20 that year. But when 75% of his votes are coming from Sens fans, including one who said he voted for him because of Sens-familiarity, I think its fair to take a step back from criticizing the votes that Knies is getting. That's all I was saying. It isn't a clear, egregious bias to vote either of them around this spot.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You seem to miss the point every time you reply to me. A little tiring. I have already said I would have Greig ahead of several guys already voted. That's not the point.

I have been very high on Greig since before the draft. But when 75% of his votes are coming from Sens fans, including one who said he voted for him because of Sens-familiarity, I think its fair to take a step back from criticizing the votes that Knies is getting. That's all I was saying. It isn't a clear, egregious bias to vote either of them around this spot.

And you seem to miss the point that I am NOT arguing against what you said lol. I am simply adding to the conversation by giving what I consider to be valuable info about Greig. It's not because you quote someone that you have to go against what he's saying. I could have quoted other people who mentioned Greig too

Knies is also a good prospect, I have no problem if some people are voting him. I actually don't care much about the pissing match between Leafs fans etc that seems to be argued here. I care about talking hockey, only reason I come here.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
And you seem to miss the point that I am NOT arguing against what you said lol. I am simply adding to the conversation by giving what I consider to be valuable info about Greig. Not everything is a pissing match, not my intention at all.

Knies is also a good prospect, I have no problem if some people are voting. I don't care much about the pissing match between Leafs fans etc. I care about talking about hockey, only reason I come here.
Fair enough. My mistake. As I said, huge fan of Greig's as well. Cheers:thumbu:

Reactions: Xspyrit

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Voted other: Circus Firkus

Guess Ill stop voting now though as none of you guys know who he is lmao

Someone could also argue that HF polls skew against the Leafs and Habs, because of general dislike for those rabid fanbases.

I voted Knies, and I don't think it's so unreasonable to do so. The Hockey Writers just listed him 24th. But it's impossible for anyone to suggest he belongs at 40? Ok.
Could argue? Its pretty safe to assume it is 100% true.

Leafs vs Habs canibalize their own votings and then kill themselves by voting for other rivals instead of the other. Theres a reason why the small minority of Sens fans are so vocal around here, we propped them up by proxy war.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Knies and Grieg (and Pinto) are all very similar player with similar upside, I wouldnt have them up at this point but its a bit ridiculous to vote for one while whinning about the other.

Reactions: banks

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Pretty crazy that if Coronato's lead holds up only 20 teams will be represented in the top 40 prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad