HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #4 (closed)

• C.Gauthier - C/LW

• Jack Quinn - W

• Kent Johnson - C

• Logan Cooley - C

• Luke Hughes - D

• Wyatt Johnston - C

• William Eklund - LW

• Brandt Clarke - D

• Juraj Slafkovsky - LW

• Dylan Guenther - RW

• David Jiricek - D

• Alexander Holtz - RW

• Shane Wright - C

• Simon Nemec - D

• Cole Perfetti - C/LW

• Simon Edvinsson - D

• Mason McTavish - C

• J.Peterka - RW

• M.Savoie - C

• other (who?)

• M.Rossi - C

Results are only viewable after voting.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The next 3 should be a combo of Slafkovsky, Hughes and Edvinsson

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I would take McTavish before Wright/Slaf/Cooley right now. Hughes or Edvinsson is a coin flip to me.
Add Pelletier

Well that is certainly a take. Sanderson has extremely high potential. Rare for a 20 year old to have such a polished all around game already.
Yes McTavish would have gone 1st overall this year. He is a beast and my next guy.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I'd say Hughes has pretty much locked this up
Slafkovsky is gaining some ground, which is wild. No doubt Slaf is a top 7-8 prospect, but MacTavish and Edvinsson are surely ahead of him imo.

Last edited:

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Hughes then Edvinsson. The difference between Hughes, Sanderson, Power and Edvinsson is paper thin. All four have their merits and I think I'd take them over any forward or goalie prospect at this point.

So many good, young defensemen in the league and coming up. It's really quite something.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Hughes then Edvinsson. The difference between Hughes, Sanderson, Power and Edvinsson is paper thin. All four have their merits and I think I'd take them over any forward or goalie prospect at this point.

So many good, young defensemen in the league and coming up. It's really quite something.
Agreed. I'd go Power, Sanderson, Hughes, Edvinsson in that order. After that you even have Nemec and Jiricek jumping along. All tremendous talents. The only forward I'd consider taking before any of them is Beniers, and even then I'm not even sure. Not a slight on Beniers though, he'll be outstanding.

Reactions: Tetsuo

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Agreed. I'd go Power, Sanderson, Hughes, Edvinsson in that order. After that you even have Nemec and Jiricek jumping along. All tremendous talents. The only forward I'd consider taking before any of them is Beniers, and even then I'm not even sure. Not a slight on Beniers though, he'll be outstanding.
Exactly. Nemec and Jiricek will have every chance to enter that conversation, especially because I expect at least Power and Sanderson to graduate as prospects, with Edvinsson having a good chance to do so as well.

Also I love Beniers, but I don't know if he is a potential top 10 player at his position in 4 or so years, I think he caps out just below that. Which is still an awesome result, top half the league 1Cs are always in short supply. I just think those 4 defenseman are the guys that all have real potential to be truly elite. 2021 is looking to be a potential generational draft with top-shelf defensemen, Power, Hughes and Edvinsson are all cornerstone type players, and I think Clarke is up there too.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Exactly. Nemec and Jiricek will have every chance to enter that conversation, especially because I expect at least Power and Sanderson to graduate as prospects, with Edvinsson having a good chance to do so as well.

Also I love Beniers, but I don't know if he is a potential top 10 player at his position in 4 or so years, I think he caps out just below that. Which is still an awesome result, top half the league 1Cs are always in short supply. I just think those 4 defenseman are the guys that all have real potential to be truly elite. 2021 is looking to be a potential generational draft with top-shelf defensemen, Power, Hughes and Edvinsson are all cornerstone type players, and I think Clarke is up there too.
I can see an argument. I personally prefer Nemec and probably Jiricek to Clarke, but Clarke is a great defenseman that’s definitely a top prospect.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Im not low on him. I think hes a shoe-in top 4 and a potential top pair D, but were talking about 3rd best prospect in the world here. Its ridiculous. He does not have high end potential. Nemec, Wright, Quinn, Jiricek, Cooley, Highes, Nazar, Reichel and a few others all blow him out of the water
I can't help but think you may have a bit of bias here.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Top 11 would be
1. Power
2. Sanderson
3. Hughes
4. Edvinsson
5. Beniers
6. McTavish
7. Johnson
8. Holtz
9. Wright