HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #38 (closed)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
That I am a homer and like my guy?

For the record, I voted for him in the last 3 polls...is that really that absurd considering how close these kids are at this point? In my opinion, actively campaigning against the prospect of a team I don't like is far more absurd.
You voted for him at 24 LOL.
I didn't go back any further.

But yeah... the last 3 is "accurate"

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
You voted for him at 24 LOL.
I didn't go back any further.

But yeah... the last 3 is "accurate"
Possible, but I see votes later for Zellweger & Raty, so what you said is still not true.

You still haven't explained why you bring him upevery poll even though he's often 4th-8th? Obsession?

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Possible, but I see votes later for Zellweger & Raty, so what you said is still not true.

You still haven't explained why you bring him upevery poll even though he's often 4th-8th? Obsession?
You're exaggerating. I have brought him up in a couple. But go check again and tell me every poll.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
PLAYER 1
USHL YR 2 - 44 GP - 17 G - 25 A - 42 PTS
NCAA YR 1 - 33 GP - 15 G - 18 A - 33 PTS

PLAYER 2
USHL YR 2 - 51 GP - 48 G - 37 A - 85 PTS
NCAA YR 1 - 34 GP - 18 G - 18 A - 36 PTS

Which player is better?
Not even posting the lopsided WJC totals.
A: Matthew > Matthew

Okay. So I guess I can say Matthew Tkachuk is better than Auston Matthews cause goal scoring means nothing. When it comes down to defensive impact and physicality, Tkachuk>

Right?
A: Matthews > Matthew

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
But Defence and physicality!!!

Your example only makes sense if:

a) Tkachuk is actually better defensively, which he's not
b) The offensive stats are close, which they aren't.

1661372059538.png

Another swing in a miss!

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Your example only makes sense if:

a) Tkachuk is actually better defensively, which he's not
b) The offensive stats are close, which they aren't.

View attachment 579298

Another swing in a miss!
Where's the defensive stats LOL

Also, I was just using the other guy's terrible logic. I do NOT think Tkachuk is better than Matthews. But if we are judging defensive and physicality then he is.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Also, I was just using the other guy's terrible logic. I do NOT think Tkachuk is better than Matthews. But if we are judging defensive and physicality then he is.
And I am saying your logic is terrible. When offensive stats are close, of course other traits start to come into play. Your terrible take was taking your crusade against Knies and then comparing it to Matthews / Tkachuk, which is not a good comparison in any way. The gap is too large for something like "physicality" to matter.

Defensively, I'd like to see your in-depth analysis - players and media seem to feel there is a clear edge for Matthews.

Aren't you a Flames fan? There are much more interesting things to be thinking about hockey wise than spending all day telling people not to vote for Knies. Your team just had one of the most intriguing off seasons I can remember since the big LAK<>Philly trades.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Okay. So I guess I can say Matthew Tkachuk is better than Auston Matthews cause goal scoring means nothing. When it comes down to defensive impact and physicality, Tkachuk>

Right?
Yeah cause that 3 point difference this year is really the difference offensively between a Tkachuk and a Matthews.

I never said that is a guaranteed situation...but it isn't a good example for definitively saying one player is better.

Physicality and defensive play factors into a player comparison. That doesn't mean the physicality and defensive play will outweigh the offense, but it doesn't mean it wont either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad