HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #38 (closed)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Owen Power - D:sabres18. Alexander Holtz - RW:devils35. Danila Yurov - RW:wild
2. Matty Beniers - C:seattle19. Brandt Clarke - D:kings236. Joakim Kemell - RW:nashville
3. Jake Sanderson - D:sens20. John Peterka - LW:sabres37. Dylan Holloway - C:edmonton
4. Luke Hughes - D:devils21. Dylan Guenther - RW:coyotes38.
5. Juraj Slafkovsky - LW:habs22. Lukas Reichel - C/W:hawks39.
6. Shane Wright - C:seattle23. Cutter Gauthier - C/LW:flyers40.
7. Simon Edvinsson - D:wings24. Matthew Savoie - C:sabres41.
8. Mason McTavish - C:ducks225. Marco Kasper - C:wings42.
9. Jack Quinn - W:sabres26. Frank Nazar - C:hawks43.
10. Logan Cooley - C:coyotes27. Kaiden Guhle - D:habs44.
11. Simon Nemec - D:devils28. Logan Stankoven - C:stars45.
12. Kent Johnson - C:cbj29. Jakob Pelletier - LW:flames46.
13. David Jiricek - D:cbj30. Maverick Bourque - C:stars47.
14. Wyatt Johnston - C:stars31. Pavel Mintyukov - D:ducks248.
15. Marco Rossi - C:wild32. Olen Zellweger - D:ducks249.
16. Cole Perfetti - C/RW:jets33. Aatu Raty - C:isles50.
17. William Eklund - LW:sharks34. Thomas Bordeleau - C:sharks

To add:
Rutger McGroarty - C
Isaac Howard - LW
Brad Lambert - C/RW
Ivan Miroshinchenko - LW

Zachary Bolduc - C
Lukas Cormier - D
Calen Addison - D
Jake Neighbours - LW
Nikita Chibrikov - RW
Carson Lambos - D
Fedor Svechkov - C
Jack Rathbone - D
Jordan Harris - D
Ville Heinola - D
Sakir Mukhamadullin - D
Zachary L'Heureux - LW
Jordan Spence - D
Jacob Perrault - RW
Zac Jones - D
William Dufour - RW
Sean Farrell - LW

Past lists:
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2021)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 2020-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 2019)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 2018)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #50 FINAL (summer 2017)

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
PLAYER 1
USHL YR 2 - 44 GP - 17 G - 25 A - 42 PTS
NCAA YR 1 - 33 GP - 15 G - 18 A - 33 PTS

PLAYER 2
USHL YR 2 - 51 GP - 48 G - 37 A - 85 PTS
NCAA YR 1 - 34 GP - 18 G - 18 A - 36 PTS

Which player is better?
Not even posting the lopsided WJC totals.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
PLAYER 1

PLAYER 2

Which player is better?
Looks like their NCAA YR1 is pretty similar and I'd say that's the more relevant line.

Also this isn't how you decide whether someone is better.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
PLAYER 1

PLAYER 2

Which player is better?

Knies

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Berggren was voted 41 last year. He had an AHL season comparable to Jakob Pelletier (who was voted 29th). He had 64 pts in 71 AHL games as a 21 year old.
Jakob was a) the captain of the best team in Q two years in a row - on different teams b) a two way stud and arguably the best skater on one of the best teams in the AHL, AHL second team all star. c) Canada’s best forward at the WJC after Krebs and Cozens. I’d say it was him and Newhook that were next best on that pretty stacked team. Other guys from that team were considered top 20 prospects league . Yet Jakob significantly outplayed them in that tourney. d) he’s almost a year younger than Berggren and didn’t have any pro experience heading into this season.

Berggren should be in contention for top 50 but I’m not sure he’s a shoe in.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Jakob was a) the captain of the best team in Q two years in a row - on different teams b) a two way stud and arguably the best skater on one of the best teams in the AHL, AHL second team all star. c) Canada’s best forward at the WJC after Krebs and Cozens. I’d say it was him and Newhook that were next best on that pretty stacked team. Other guys from that team were considered top 20 prospects league . Yet Jakob significantly outplayed them in that tourney. d) he’s almost a year younger than Berggren and didn’t have any pro experience heading into this season.

Berggren should be in contention for top 50 but I’m not sure he’s a shoe in.

Berggren put up 45 pts in 49 games for Skelleftea as a 20 year old and followed it up with 64 pts in 71 games in the AHL as a 21 year old. My point remains valid though, he had similar production to Pelletier in the A this past season, and yes he's a bit older (7 and a half months, not a year).

Also since you brought up Pelletier at the WJC, Berggren put up a respectable 5 pts in 7 games at the WJC.

In no way am I saying Pelletier is a bad prospect, because he's not, I like Pelletier. I'm just saying if Pelletier was voted at 29, Berggren shouldn't be too much further down the list. They play similar games, both skilled wingers that are capable of putting up points. If you asked me right now who will have the better career between the 2, it's pretty much a coin flip.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Oh... you mean... literally being better at every step, and playing on the same line at WJCs where one was arguably the best player on the team and the other was invisible isn't how you tell?
Is there a reason you are whining about a player in every thread, who is usually 4th-8th in votes? Does it worry you that much that he might fall into the top 50? lol

He hasn't even come close to winning a poll and yet you've tried to make every thread about him.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Is there a reason you are whining about a player in every thread, who is usually 4th-8th in votes? Does it worry you that much that he might fall into the top 50? lol

He hasn't even come close to winning a poll and yet you've tried to make every thread about him.

He hasn't come close to winning a poll yet you have voted for him in the last 20.

What does that say?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Everyone sleeping on Jacob perreault

But seriously

Faber for me, not a sexy player but better than he’ll get ranked

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
He hasn't come close to winning a poll yet you have voted for him in the last 20.

What does that say?
That I am a homer and like my guy?

For the record, I voted for him in the last 3 polls...is that really that absurd considering how close these kids are at this point? In my opinion, actively campaigning against the prospect of a team I don't like is far more absurd.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh... you mean... literally being better at every step, and playing on the same line at WJCs where one was arguably the best player on the team and the other was invisible isn't how you tell?
All you showed was baseless stats.

These don't show defensive impact, physicality, team quality, etc. They don't show a players skills. They show one guy had far more points in USHL and that they were pretty comparable in NCAA first year.

I honestly didn't even know which player each was (I see now Knies was the one).

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
All you showed was baseless stats.

These don't show defensive impact, physicality, team quality, etc. They don't show a players skills. They show one guy had far more points in USHL and that they were pretty comparable in NCAA first year.

I honestly didn't even know which player each was (I see now Knies was the one).
Okay. So I guess I can say Matthew Tkachuk is better than Auston Matthews cause goal scoring means nothing. When it comes down to defensive impact and physicality, Tkachuk>

Right?

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad