HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #27 (closed)

• Jonathan Lekkerimaki - RW

• Kaiden Guhle - D

• Jakob Pelletier - LW

• Jonatan Berggren - RW

• Philip Broberg - D

• Maverick Bourque - C

• Brendan Brisson - C

• Matthew Knies - LW

• Pavel Mintyukov - D

• Brennan Othmann - LW

• Joakim Kemell - RW

• Olen Zellweger - D

• Logan Stankoven - C

• Victor Soderstrom - D

• Vitali Kravtsov - RW

• Dylan Holloway - C

• Denton Mateychuk - D

• Ridly Greig - C

• Shane Pinto - C

• Aatu Raty - C

• Ville Heinola - D

• Matt Coronato - LW

• Danila Yurov - RW

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Owen Power - D:sabres18. Alexander Holtz - RW:devils35.
2. Matty Beniers - C:seattle19. Brandt Clarke - D:kings236.
3. Jake Sanderson - D:sens20. John Peterka - LW:sabres37.
4. Luke Hughes - D:devils21. Dylan Guenther - RW:coyotes38.
5. Juraj Slafkovsky - LW:habs22. Lukas Reichel - C/W:hawks39.
6. Shane Wright - C:seattle23. Cutter Gauthier - C/LW:flyers40.
7. Simon Edvinsson - D:wings24. Matthew Savoie - C:sabres41.
8. Mason McTavish - C:ducks225. Marco Kasper - C:wings42.
9. Jack Quinn - W:sabres26. Frank Nazar - C:hawks ks43.
10. Logan Cooley - C:coyotes27.44.
11. Simon Nemec - D:devils28.45.
12. Kent Johnson - C:cbj29.46.
13. David Jiricek - D:cbj30.47.
14. Wyatt Johnston - C:stars31.48.
15. Marco Rossi - C:wild32.49.
16. Cole Perfetti - C/RW:jets33.50.
17. William Eklund - LW:sharks34.

To add:
Kevin Korchinski - D
Connor Geekie - C
Liam Ohgren - LW

Bobby Brink - RW
Nick Robertson - LW
Lukas Cormier - D
Alex Turcotte - C
Hendrix Lapierre - C
Topi Niemela - D
Zachary Bolduc - C
Carson Lambos - D
Nikita Chibrikov - RW
Chaz Lucius - C
Jack Rathbone - D
Joshua Roy - LW
Fabian Lysell - RW
Xavier Bourgault - C
Sakir Mukhamadullin - D
Luke Evangelista - RW
Jordan Spence - D
Thomas Bordeleau - C
Fedor Svechkov - C
Jacob Perrault - RW
Zac Jones - D
William Dufour - RW
Brock Faber - D
Sean Farrell - LW

Past lists:
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2021)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 2020-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 2019)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 2018)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #50 FINAL (summer 2017)

Reactions: d rake

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Just to pick on one guy taken ahead of him, it is a testament to our collective stupidity that Nazar - with similar physical disadvantages but a far inferior track record - was voted on this list before Stankoven.
A surprising amount of HF are still relative casuals in regards to prospects so they’ll vote on the ”bigger” names first. it’s always a problem on these lists.

I think the only way to get an accurate ranking of prospects is to find the 20 or so most knowledgeable prospect posters on the site, have them submit a top-50 and average out the results. Even this however can see the results skewed because of how subjective this is and since it’s such a short sample size - unfortunately, this is the best we got.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
A surprising amount of HF are still relative casuals in regards to prospects so they’ll vote on the ”bigger” names first. it’s always a problem on these lists.

I think the only way to get an accurate ranking of prospects is to find the 20 or so most knowledgeable prospect posters on the site, have them submit a top-50 and average out the results. Even this however can see the results skewed because of how subjective this is and since it’s such a short sample size - unfortunately, this is the best we got.
You don't have to call everyone that disagrees a casual. For every Gaudreau there are 1000 that didn't make it. You don't have to be a casual to see the deck is still stacked against him until he's able to prove it in the pros.

There are small kids that tear up the minors all the time that go on to do nothing of note. Especially so as an overager while the kids above him graduate and are replaced by 16/16 year olds as competition.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
You don't have to call everyone that disagrees a casual. For every Gaudreau there are 1000 that didn't make it. You don't have to be a casual to see the deck is still stacked against him until he's able to prove it in the pros.
I wasn’t commenting on the specific player - but rather a more general sense of how certain players are perceived.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Still same list I had last few rounds (none are options).

Kirill Marchenko
Brock Faber
Thomas Bordeleau
Justin Barron
Scott Morrow
Alex Turcotte

Voted Knies again. But should be one of six names above...add them!

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

Just because you follow amateur scouts on twitter and try to be the first to post prospect threads doesn't mean you somehow have an opinion that's more valuable than a casual. There are very few posters on this site that are worthy of actually voting on these prospects - the vast majority are more like myself, in that we read the articles and reports but we really only follow 1 league (OHL in my case).

That's why it's not at all worthwhile to criticize these rankings.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Just because you follow amateur scouts on twitter and try to be the first to post prospect threads doesn't mean you somehow have an opinion that's more valuable than a casual. There are very few posters on this site that are worthy of actually voting on these prospects - the vast majority are more like myself, in that we read the articles and reports but we really only follow 1 league (OHL in my case).

That's why it's not at all worthwhile to criticize these rankings.

Which one of my takes pissed you off so much In the 3 months since you created an account?
lol it seems like you have an agenda against me, it’s okay though - I love fans.

I’m fully aware I’m cocky and outspoken, but I back up my takes with facts and reasoning.

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Which one of my takes pissed you off so much In the 3 months since you created an account?
lol it seems like you have an agenda against me, it’s okay though - I love fans.

I’m fully aware I’m cocky and outspoken, but I back up my takes with facts and reasoning.
:laugh: Shallow rivers run like rapids, while deep rivers run calm. I just feel like most of your posts are much like the Dangles of the world - loud, plentiful and argumentative but lack the depth to make them truly stand out from the average fan. I think when you made a point to call out "the casuals", it just looked a lot like someone standing in a crowd and talking down to them, despite being part of the crowd themselves.

You also bring in your team bias into your evaluations, which is kind of "casual" behavior, wouldn't you agree? Maybe you're more like us than you think.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Frank Nazar didn’t even make team USA-lite in this odd and weak WJC. Yikes.

And he’s ahead of an impressive Pelletier who is an important, ~PPG player on an good AHL team that would kill Team USA August 2022 WJC.

Ok. Sure. Whatever. FYI. Pelletier was a PPG player at his WJC that nazar isn’t playing at because he didn’t make his team.

In the AHL, not some little league vs 16 year olds, this guy, at 20 years old in his first season scored 27 goals and 62 points in 66 games. Vs men. Several of which have played games in the NHL. You don’t score 27 goals in the AHL by grit and luck as a 20 year old rookie.

And I’m an Avs fan. I could care less about the Flames or this player. He’s just way better than HF realizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bounces R Way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad