2Kirill Kaprizov113/225 (50%)Minnesota Wild814761108
3Mitch Marner46/226 (20%)Toronto Maple Leafs72356297

To add:
Filip Forsberg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Marchand. He just does everything.

Elite point producer, great two way player, kills penalties. No one else on that list does what he does at the level he does it.

Reactions: wetcoast

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Gaudreau is so much better than Marner
Gaudreau "so much better" that's a stretch.

If you thought Gaudreau is better, that's fine... but so much better is hyperbole.

Gaudreau - last 2 years = 1.18 PPG.

Marner - last 2 years = 1.29 ppg

Marner has been 0.10 PPG better which is pretty substantial over 2 years. So it's at least close. I would actually take Marner though. Gaudreau tends to have down years. Marner has been more consistent year to year.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Gaudreau "so much better" that's a stretch.

If you thought Gaudreau is better, that's fine... but so much better is hyperbole.

Gaudreau - last 2 years = 1.18 PPG.

Marner - last 2 years = 1.29 ppg

Marner has been 0.10 PPG better which is pretty substantial over 2 years. So it's at least close. I would actually take Marner though. Gaudreau tends to have down years. Marner has been more consistent year to year.
Plus Marner is a far better defensive player. But they will just say "look at his linemates"

Gaudreau and Marner are both elite players and are in the same tier IMO. People complaining and saying Gaudreau is "far better" don't make sense to me in the slighest

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
After Kuch/Kirill there's arguments to be made for any one of Panarin, Rantanen, Marner, Marchand, Huberdeau or Pasta IMO. Really depends on what you value more.

I like Rantanen's all around game the most personally and had him at #3 so will go with him again here.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
I think Gaudreau has a really good argument for top 3. Monahan was so bad away from Gaudreau it’s unfair to use samples Gaudreau had to drag him around. His production wasn’t even average for a 4th liner. Since it’s impossible to know exactly when Monahan’s decline occurred those samples don’t hold any relevance. The problem is there’s too much uncertainty in a <100 game sample especially with a pretty high on-ice shooting percentage.

Marner went 3rd because he’s the safest choice moving forward and he’s deserving of that spot.

Add Ehlers.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: