Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Did this a few years ago. Haven't seen it done consistently this year so far.

Vote for who you think the best defender in the league is. Will leave that up to each voter - best right now? Best for next season? Best last season? All are valid. Averaging out these within this vote should help.

Please suggest names to add as well, if you'd like to see someone added to the poll. Gonna try to limit it to 10 names at a time at least for the early votes.
#1 should be pretty quick.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Makar.

It can't not be Makar.

I voted Makar - but it probably "can' not be Makar. Moreso than for centers and McDavid anyways. I think if you like experience/all around game, you can probably still argue Hedman. And if you base on last season mostly - despite the Norris, it's easy to try and claim Josi had the better season.

But....I did vote Makar. I have him #1 now too. Still somewhat close.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I voted Makar - but it probably "can' not be Makar. Moreso than for centers and McDavid anyways. I think if you like experience/all around game, you can probably still argue Hedman. And if you base on last season mostly - despite the Norris, it's easy to try and claim Josi had the better season.

But....I did vote Makar. I have him #1 now too. Still somewhat close.
I don't think it's close. I think the others need to have career seasons to make it close, but Makar's base performance is just so high.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I think the others need to have career seasons to make it close

...Josi? I personally wouldn't vote Josi but Makar hasn't had 96 points yet despite playing for a team that had significantly better offense. Toews is also a better partner than Fabbro.

It feels a bit premature to act like Makar's already in his own tier after one controversial Norris where he didn't have the most #1 votes and some guys left Josi off the ballots on purpose.

Reactions: enthusiast and LT

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
...Josi? I personally wouldn't vote Josi but Makar hasn't had 96 points yet despite playing for a team that had significantly better offense. Toews is also a better partner than Fabbro.

It feels a bit premature to act like Makar's already in his own tier after one controversial Norris where he didn't have the most #1 votes and some guys left Josi off the ballots on purpose.
Is it though? He thoroughly outplayed Josi and Hedman in each series, the gap between the tiers of Makar and the next best tier (Josi, Hedman, etc) could definitely be debated, that's really it

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Hockey fans on this site are so fickle haha.

Hedman is still the better overall dman IMO. Much better in his own end than Makar and I don’t think the difference in offense is not enough to overcome the defensive gap.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I've been impressed with Makar since he first stepped foot on NHL ice, but for now it's still Hedman IMO. Norris finalist for 6 years running. As impressive as Makar has been, that type of consistent dominance is not quickly surpassed on my scale.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I've been impressed with Makar since he first stepped foot on NHL ice, but for now it's still Hedman IMO. Norris finalist for 6 years running. As impressive as Makar has been, that type of consistent dominance is not quickly surpassed on my scale.
6 years running yet he finished behind Makar for the past 2 years.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Makar

Roman Josi continues to be underrated
Because he's not being voted the #1 defensemen in the world? Interesting point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad