hfboards OHL mock draft

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Relax captain serious.

I'll gladly see my way out of this mess.
That's a shame! You got your way too. I’m not convinced based on your posts that you’re not a little bit Captain Serious yourself.

Last edited:

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Day one, round one recap, 7 picks in. Master list available on the original post.

1 Windsor: F Adam Valentini - Toronto Marlies
GM: ohloutsider

2 Sarnia: F Braidy Wassilyn - Markham Majors
GM: StingUpdates

3 Peterborough: F Ethan Belchetz - Oakville Rangers
GM: Section5Petes

4 Niagara: F Brady Smith - North York Rangers
GM: thedog

5 Barrie: F Alex McLean - Barrie Colts
GM: Jimmy582

6 Flint: D Eric Frossand - London Jr. Knights
GM: OnlyUpFromHere49

7 Owen Sound: F Weston Cameron - Toronto Marlies
GM: AttackSound

Day two, round one, continues from #8 Kingston!

Last edited:

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
For Isaac, can you provide your reason why you think the IceDogs will reach and draft Brady Smith at #4. If he likes your reason, I'll be more then happy to change it.
Brady Smith is the Best pure goal scorer in the draft. He warrants this type of attention. He's probably the player with the highest likely chance of scoring 40+ goals multiple times, with 50G-60G upside by the times he's 19YO. Good luck to the league if he doesn't pan out as a pro prospect in his age-20 season.

I was told his by a teams head scout. Teams draft for junior, not pro. Some teams rather go with a 4/5 year guarantee than risk drafting a player projects to be in the NHL by 18/19/20

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Brady Smith is the Best pure goal scorer in the draft. He warrants this type of attention. He's probably the player with the highest likely chance of scoring 40+ goals multiple times, with 50G-60G upside by the times he's 19YO. Good luck to the league if he doesn't pan out as a pro prospect in his age-20 season.

I was told his by a teams head scout. Teams draft for junior, not pro. Some teams rather go with a 4/5 year guarantee than risk drafting a player projects to be in the NHL by 18/19/20
Half the guys recent posts are dumping on Brady Smith, I think he has a grudge against the kid or something.

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
Half the guys recent posts are dumping on Brady Smith, I think he has a grudge against the kid or something.
Brady Smith is a guaranteed first round pick, but he could also go anywhere from 4 (Niagara connection) to 20. I personally would have him in the 12-16 range, probably the best natural goal scorer in the draft, but his game can be seen as lazy away from the puck at times. His skill set transitions well at the next level.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

he’s a top 3 overall pick if he competed at all. He plays with zero energy

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Brady Smith is a guaranteed first round pick, but he could also go anywhere from 4 (Niagara connection) to 20. I personally would have him in the 12-16 range, probably the best natural goal scorer in the draft, but his game can be seen as lazy away from the puck at times. His skill set transitions well at the next level.
Rehkopf clone?

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Rehkopf clone?
Fair comparison to be honest. The have the same offensive gifts, with the same deficiencies in their games.
he’s a top 3 overall pick if he competed at all. He plays with zero energy
It's a gift and a curse, his feet can be electric when he moves them. Top-6 'Talent'.

Wassilyn, Belchetz, Valentini, Di Iorio, Smith, Nyman -- from a pure talent standpoint -- IMO

Reactions: zman77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad