Speculation: HFBoards Mock Draft 2013

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If a good winger like Sorensen, Zykov, Compher or Cammarata is available in round 2 would you trade a package of guys like DiBenedetto, Koskinen, Persson, Petrov or a late pick?

Isles are high on Persson. He, Ullstrom and Sundstrom make up one of the Sound Tigers hardest working lines.

So, I'm gonna guess that while guys like DiBo and Koskinen would be available, I don't see why Perrson would be.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think Ristolainen would be perfect for the Islanders. Pulock and Morrisey would be the next best fits.

I have a question for isles fans. Would you be looking to trade prospects that look like they have no shot to make the roster for a 2nd round pick in this deep draft?

In my opinion, the prospects bolded are A.) Prospects who hold value and B.) Could be considered trade bait at the 2013 NHL Draft. I doubt Garth makes any moves unless approached by another team asking for a certain prospect giving us a good deal. There is always going to be injuries and depth at Bridgeport is going to be important because we have many prospects on the cusp of graduating.

G:
Anders Nilsson
Kevin Poulin
Mikko Koskinen
Cody Rosen

RW:
Kirill Kabanov
Kirill Petrov
Rhett Rakhshani

LW:
Nino Niederreiter
Johan Persson
Mike Halmo
Jesse Joensuu
Brandon DeFazio

C:
Ryan Strome
Brock Nelson
Anders Lee
David Ullstrom
Casey Cizikas
Justin DiBenedetto
Johan Sundstrom
Jason Clark
Mitchell Theoret

D:
Griffin Reinhart
Matt Donovan
Ville Pokka
Scott Mayfield
Calvin de Haan
Brenden Kichton
Aaron Ness
Andrey Pedan
Adam Pelech
Robbie Russo
Marc Cantin
Mark Katic
Jesse Graham
Doyle Somerby
Loic Leduc
Jake Bischoff

Last edited:

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Isles are high on Persson. He, Ullstrom and Sundstrom make up one of the Sound Tigers hardest working lines.

So, I'm gonna guess that while guys like DiBo and Koskinen would be available, I don't see why Perrson would be.

Ok so not Persson but I am sure a team would take Koskinen and/or Petrov and a 6th for a 2nd.

I dont see Petrov going to the Islanders but another team might be willing to take that chance on him. And the isles would need another wing prospect besides Nino and Kabanov. A 2nd would help.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
In my opinion, the prospects bolded are A.) Prospects who hold value and B.) Could be considered trade bait at the 2013 NHL Draft. I doubt Garth makes any moves unless approached by another team asking for a certain prospect giving us a good deal. There is always going to be injuries and depth at Bridgeport is going to be important because we have many prospects on the cusp of graduating.

G:
Anders Nilsson
Kevin Poulin
Mikko Koskinen
Cody Rosen

RW:
Kirill Kabanov
Kirill Petrov
Rhett Rakhshani

LW:
Nino Niederreiter
Johan Persson
Mike Halmo
Jesse Joensuu
Brandon DeFazio

C:
Ryan Strome
Brock Nelson
Anders Lee
David Ullstrom
Casey Cizikas
Justin DiBenedetto
Johan Sundstrom
Jason Clark
Mitchell Theoret

D:
Griffin Reinhart
Matt Donovan
Ville Pokka
Scott Mayfield
Calvin de Haan
Brenden Kichton
Aaron Ness
Andrey Pedan
Adam Pelech
Robbie Russo
Marc Cantin
Mark Katic
Jesse Graham
Doyle Somerby
Loic Leduc
Jake Bischoff

Pretty much what I thought except i would add Petrov.

Couldnt help but notice 4 defensemen that the Isles drafted last year at the bottom of the depth chart there. This is from HockeysFuture right?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Ok so not Persson but I am sure a team would take Koskinen and/or Petrov and a 6th for a 2nd.

I dont see Petrov going to the Islanders but another team might be willing to take that chance on him. And the isles would need another wing prospect besides Nino and Kabanov. A 2nd would help.

Petrov has not crossed the pond yet because of his Mother, who is very ill. It's not because he doesn't want to play for the Islanders. I also think that Garth will hold on to KP, if he comes over he has the potential to be a top 6 powerforward on smaller ice. The Isles have plenty of prospects so trading him for a pick doesn't make much sense. Koskinen on the other hand (kind of a pun?) could very well be dealt. He's been good in Finland but streaky and doesn't have a good glove hand. With Poulin and Nilsson platooning in Bridgeport, Mikko will not be missed.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pretty much what I thought except i would add Petrov.

Couldnt help but notice 4 defensemen that the Isles drafted last year at the bottom of the depth chart there. This is from HockeysFuture right?

Yes, this is from HockeysFuture. All those four defenseman are projects so seeing them there is not concerning, plus all were late round picks.

-Graham is a small, slick, offensive defenseman who needs to physical mature big time
-Somerby is going to BU I think next year, but is a BIG, mobile defenseman who is years away
-Leduc left many Isles' fans scratching their heads. Yeah he is massive, but he is rail thin and gets roughed up by guys half his size, and is terrible in his own zone
-Bischoff is small, puck moving defenseman who is gonna be playing at Minnesota, yet another project.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Yes, this is from HockeysFuture. All those four defenseman are projects so seeing them there is not concerning, plus all were late round picks.

-Graham is a small, slick, offensive defenseman who needs to physical mature big time
-Somerby is going to BU I think next year, but is a BIG, mobile defenseman who is years away
-Leduc left many Isles' fans scratching their heads. Yeah he is massive, but he is rail thin and gets roughed up by guys half his size, and is terrible in his own zone
-Bischoff is small, puck moving defenseman who is gonna be playing at Minnesota, yet another project.

I am from Montreal so I see a lot of highlights from Leduc. He is just awful. I have no idea what the management was thinking drafting Leduc that high.

I never heard of Sommerby but Bishoff and Graham remind me of Yannick Weber type players. Maybe by the age of 23 they will be bottom pairing or 7th defensemen. Not bad for late round picks.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
After a very close vote, it looks like the Islanders have decided to go with Ryan Pulock. Thank you to all of you who came out and shared your opinions. I will be posting the full results of the mock draft in the Prospect forum once I have collected votes from all 30 teams.

68625_109819495854784_1001387501_n.jpg

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I would love pulock...He would be our most potent offensive dman and he has NHL size....

I also like Risto and Nurse and then Morressey and Mantha a step below that....

I said a few weeks ago that I would love Pulock if we had a top 10 pick not top 3 or 4

Obvious bump with a shout out where due . WELL DONE !!!!
Also shows how long it takes sometimes for a player to make it . Of course to the others who selected Pulock too well picked. These types of threads should be allowed discussion years later to reflect on our hits and misses. If it gets locked so be it .

Last edited:
Reactions: SI90 and PWJunior

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Also shows how long it takes sometimes for a player to make it . Of course to the others who selected Pulock too well picked. These types of threads should be allowed discussion years later to reflect on our hits and misses. If it gets locked so be it .

Thanks for the bump!! Pulock was my guy. Risto and Morressey turned out good.

Thought Pulock-Reinhart would be Weber-Suter

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
A broken clock is right twice a day. I’ve missed my fair share

Well I am pretty sure if you went far enough in the old Duchene threads you could find one or two posts of me stating if it took Barzal to get a signed Duchene and Tavares for eight years down the middle so be it.

Pretty sure. :laugh:

Reactions: SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad