GDT: HFBoards GDT: 11/9/19 - Games, Glorious Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
This looks like a repeat of 18-19. STL says don't bother with a wild-card, you are better off tanking.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
S-s-s-s-s-sportsnet

tenor.gif

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
It's refreshing to watch a Flames game when you don't have to listen to Cassie speak.

Reactions: BHD

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I feel like “all the tools, no toolbox” is a label that people are often too eager to apply to players, and they often apply it to players to whom it doesn’t actually apply.

Kasperi Kapanen, though, is one player who really does fit the bill.

I‘ don’t think that cliche applies to Kap either. He just doesn’t have any high-end vision or ability to make plays. He’s always been a flawed player, a solid one but he’ll never be a big time player in the league, just a pretty good depth one.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I‘ don’t think that cliche applies to Kap either. He just doesn’t have any high-end vision or ability to make plays. He’s always been a flawed player, a solid one but he’ll never be a big time player in the league, just a pretty good depth one.

Vision is arguably something that fits under toolbox more so than tools.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
It's honestly amusing watching Milan Lucic try to play hockey.

I now know how Non-Oiler fans felt the last few years watching this guy.

Last edited:

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Oh paper the leafs are twice the team philly is.

That’s adorable.

The flyers spent three and a half years being made to look like they didn’t have talent by a piece of shit that is now the Leafs assistant coach. They finally got rid of the jackass and it’s not a shock that they’re winning games. The only thing that 9-5-2 means is that they haven’t got puck luck because this team is going to win a lot more games than this.

Nothing against the leafs because they’ll finish with plenty of wins themselves this year, but anyone that underestimated the talent on the flyers now that they have an NHL coach does not understand exactly how badly Dave Hakstol f***ed over this team for years.

This is a slow start compared to what I expect for the rest of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I’m not saying this because they are disintegrating the flames, but after watching a few blues games they look like they can repeat, early hot take but they are playing very good. Even more impressive when they’re playing like this without Vlad.

Reactions: BHD

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Why did Jones try and get a stick on that shot? Goalie would have easily stopped it. lol. Well that's game. Avs up 4-2.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
This Blues team doesn't give up anything for free. Zero weak links in their lineup(other than Allen).

Could definitely see them repeating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad