GDT: HFBoards 4/16/2024 | You thought yesterday was complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
They’re getting playoff-ready

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 8.28.09 PM.png

Islanders the last 2 seasons...

It is sad when the team you are making fun of has gone further recently.

Reactions: TimeZone

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
They've won 10 Cups and been to the Finals 12 times since Toronto last won a Cup or went to the Finals, so ...

Congrats? Do you brag about the softball championship you won when you were 5? No one cares about what happened 30 years ago.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Congrats? Do you brag about the softball championship you won when you were 5? No one cares about what happened 30 years ago.
1. Montreal isn't my team. My team won the Cup in 2019.

2. Did I mention my team won the Cup in 2019? Yeah ... that. Which means it has 1 more Cup since it came into the league than Toronto has in the same period.

3. If you want to worry about recent performance, Montreal went to the Finals 3 years ago. Toronto still hasn't been to the Finals in 57 years.

4. Bonus to 3: Montreal has won 3x as many playoff series in the last 3 playoff years than Toronto has.

5. Bonus to 3 and 4: Montreal didn't kiss away a 3-1 series lead against Toronto the last time they played each other.

But, Toronto has 102 points this season. And 111 last season. And 115 the year prior. And Matthews with however many goals he'll score this year, so ... <reallyslowgolfclap.gif>

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Your team sucks currently.

No one cares about 2019 either.

People generally live in the present unless they have nothing else going for them, this applies to sports too.
past dont matter? ......spoken like a true leaf fan.....
Hey, all those statues in front of the building. All current leafs are they ?

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Ok so all those fans of teams with less Cups than the Leafs can't say shit then, if that is your logic.
I don't usually participate in those your team is trash arguments. But, yes, the Leafs have won some cups and I won't dismiss them.

To discuss hockey while I watch the game... reminiscing about Montreal's cup in 93' is not important to me.

I spend most of my time traveling, so am rarely home, which is why I post here while watching the game, it is enjoyable since I can't watch the game with friends.
I believe you said nobody cares about 2019. Which is a point.

Reactions: Rob Brown

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You all figured Matthews would get highsticked? I doubt that.
if not that it would have been something else.

Leafs core a combined minus -16 tonight. 🤣
I can see why y'all don't want the Panthers in the first round.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Your team sucks currently.
True. And, it still has a Cup recently - which, Toronto hasn't.

No one cares about 2019 either.
I'm pretty sure all of us who root for teams who've won Cups in the last 57 years care about when our teams won the Cup. Cause ... many of us - and certainly those of us whose teams won a Cup in say the last 20 years - can still remember when our team won a Cup.

People generally live in the present unless they have nothing else going for them, this applies to sports too.
I mean, if my team had never won anything in the last 57 years I'd probably say the same stuff, too.

Of course, when my teams got its ass kicked in the postseason again - like Toronto will this postseason - I'd also probably STFU about when other teams last won anything, knowing at least they won something since color TV became a standard thing and mine hasn't and the best I can do for a banner in that era is hang something that says "divisional champions" and hope no one remembers they crapped the opening round away to their longtime rivals who ... have won 10 Cups since my team won anything of consequence.

YMMV, though.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
To discuss hockey while I watch the game... reminiscing about Montreal's cup in 93' is not important to me.

I spend most of my time traveling, so am rarely home, which is why I post here while watching the game, it is enjoyable since I can't watch the game with friends.
I have to travel for work sometimes, but I don't really enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad