HFBoards' 2017 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So once again it's that time of year. I have sent out quite a few PMs and below you will see the thus far confirmed list of participants. If you did not receive a PM it is nothing personal and you are more than welcome to join. I'm thinking at least 20 participants if we can get there. If we get more maybe two simultaneous drafts? We'll see.

START TIME: Ideally Monday June 5th 2017.

PARTICIPANTS:

les Habs
Live in the Now
Pavel Buchnevich
VEGASKING
Wee Baby Seamus
Savant
Theon
Topkex
SEPH
Moncherry
SJSharks39
Evilo
Curtinho
Venkman
MJG
BlameUtley
Magic Bean
cgf

RULES:

-Snake draft. 22 rounds. So you'll have essentially two players per position if you choose. NOTE, you should have a minimum of two goalkeepers.

-We won't be drafting managers. You're the manager, so your formation, tactics, etc.

-No judges as of yet. I'd be open to it to an extent, but it's not necessary. That said I would say that we should focus on a building a team to both be competitive now and in the future. I guess think of it as we're all new franchises. I would consider things like your players fitting your formation/tactics, having a balanced squad, having players who can take freekicks, penalties, corners, etc. You should also identify a captain and a vice-captain.

-Minimum of 2 GKs per team.

-Trades are allowed. One for one trades only though. So a few examples:

---One pick for one pick.
---One pick for one player.
---One player for one player.
---Two picks for one player and one pick.
---One pick and two players for two picks and one player.

Etc, etc. I think that illustrates the point.

ALSO, when you agree to a trade one of you needs to post the deal and the other needs to quote that post and write "Agreed." Until the post is quoted and agreed to the trade has not occurred, but when that happens it's done.

-12 hours between picks. If you miss a pick, 10 hours from then on, 8 hours after a second missed pick. If you miss three picks your place in the draft will be subject to review, IE you may be dropped from the draft. Either way please use another member as a proxy if you can't make a pick and if something comes us just PM me. Also, please try your best to keep the draft moving along as quickly as possible. After you make a pick you'll need to make sure you PM the next guy on the list. If their PM box is full, post in the discussion thread that it's their turn. Also, please make sure you check to see if it's your turn to pick just to be sure.

-NO DISCUSSION, hints or otherwise, about undrafted players please.

-The Picks thread is for PICKS ONLY, while the Discussion thread is for everything else.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I can't reiterate enough guys, this is a commitment. It'll last a good month most likely. So make sure you are committed to that.

I'll join, but no backstabbing antics from you les Habs like what happened last time.

image.php

Care to elaborate on the "backstabbing" comment? You weren't even in the last draft.

Anyway, you are most welcome to join.

I'll have a crack at this

Welcome aboard!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I updated the list. If you said you're in and I forgot to add you let me know. Again, all are welcome.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Newbie question since I've never taken part in this, will there be a sort of head-to-head competition or is it just constructing a team for fun?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Newbie question since I've never taken part in this, will there be a sort of head-to-head competition or is it just constructing a team for fun?

In the past we simply had judges. Last time we didn't and after it was done it was pretty much done. Duchene2Mckinnon judged his own team, but in the real World he finished about 4th. Personally I'm fine either way as I just like seeing what I can put together relative to everyone else.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Once again I suggest getting rid of trades.
It's also part of the fun to draft for position instead of BPA.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Once again I suggest getting rid of trades.
It's also part of the fun to draft for position instead of BPA.

I'm open to getting rid of trades, but I think we should have a consensus. I personally much prefer trades. Adds an element of strategy and fun.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't want to get rid of trades because obviously people like them, but at this current time I have no intention of making any. At all.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Everyone start brushing up on their young Ligue One and French players, so Evilo doesn't own everyone this year again by picking players no one's heard of that turn into guys who are sold for 50M or more the next year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I PM'ed this to LH, but I am proposing to move the timer from 12 hours to 10 hours. Felt a little long last year and I think this might help move things along a bit. Thoughts?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Everyone start brushing up on their young Ligue One and French players, so Evilo doesn't own everyone this year again by picking players no one's heard of that turn into guys who are sold for 50M or more the next year.

Doesn't matter, since nobody knows them, my team gets "crapped on" by other teams :D

Against less than 12 hours. You know I rarely go up to 12 hours but with different time zones, it can be a little tight sometimes. I'm going to be very busy in June too.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looking forward to building the best real world team again. If you don't mind getting rekt join the draft and have some fun. :)

As for the timer...the shorter the better IMO.

Also I'm all for keeping trades. They're part of the fun, though I can see the other side of it too forcing people to pick for position rather than just the best player then trading later.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So I updated the list. We're already past last year's number of participants. So that will make it more challenging which I welcome.

12 hours will be the time limit. However that has to be respected. By that I mean if you're up after the 12 hours has expired and you post "I'll just wait 'til so and so goes" then you'll be docked as well.

Well I have him as having one of the best sides from last year, but I wouldn't say he owned everyone. He did from a depth standpoint though, that's for sure.

Doesn't matter, since nobody knows them, my team gets "crapped on" by other teams :D

For the record I didn't crap on your team. :)

I'm interested. Missed last years.

Sorry I forgot about you mate. You didn't do last year's and you don't post as much. Glad you decided to join up this year.

Ill join.

Great! After I was "setting things up" yesterday I saw your name as a thread starter and I thought about asking you. Glad you stepped forward.

I'd be interested if there's space available

Added!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
In the past we simply had judges. Last time we didn't and after it was done it was pretty much done. Duchene2Mckinnon judged his own team, but in the real World he finished about 4th. Personally I'm fine either way as I just like seeing what I can put together relative to everyone else.

Only in fantasy land... I ended up 4th. I had the best player in the world and the best player of all time. As well as Messi.

Lucky for y'all my summer is pretty packed so, I can't commit to this. Don't mind judging. Though, I'll keep a close eye on this regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad