Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Polls 2023 #8

Who is the Avs #8 Prospect?

• D - Nikita Ishimnikov - 2023 #155 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Justus Annunen wins a two-way race for #7, dropping three spots from 2022.

Added Jason Polin and Andrei Buyalsky to the polls. Remember to vote for two to add for the next couple rounds!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Justus Annunen wins a two-way race for #7, dropping three spots from 2022.

Added Jason Polin and Andrei Buyalsky to the polls. Remember to vote for two to add for the next couple rounds!
Polin is eligible?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Polin is eligible?
Borderline. He just turned 24 a few weeks ago, and the rule on "The season of your 24th birthday" is kind of tough to figure with summer birthdays. Is that just a hard cutoff at 24 years? Is June part of last season or next season? Maybe we should just make it 24 years hard cutoff for next year's polls. I dunno.

I would consider him eligible for this year only. It's not like we have a lot of other warm bodies in the pool anyway.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Borderline. He just turned 24 a few weeks ago, and the rule on "The season of your 24th birthday" is kind of tough to figure with summer birthdays. Is that just a hard cutoff at 24 years? Is June part of last season or next season? Maybe we should just make it 24 years hard cutoff for next year's polls. I dunno.

I would consider him eligible for this year only. It's not like we have a lot of other warm bodies in the pool anyway.
I just didn't think he'd be eligible. Not sure it practically matters to me.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Season of the birthday imo refers to the birthday occurred during the playing season so summer birthdays wouldn’t apply. I personally don’t like these older players in the polls but I also agree that it’s not like there’s a ton of other names to add. And also the continuity for consistency’s sake makes sense.

Reactions: McMetal

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’m voting Hanzel, I like him the most of the choices given and outside the college mercenaries nobody else has a contract. I understand why they are getting voted and the realistic chance to play NHL games is definitely a factor I weigh but I just personally won’t give these older guys a vote in prospect poll. It’s like when Wingerli was added that one year, just no.

add Beaucage and Miner

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I pick C? Who was told to draft Centers regardless of how good they are? Tf?
Lots of good players play C at lower levels, then shift to wing once they hit the NHL. Someone like Ambrosio or Makar will definitely play W if he makes the show. I always debate whether to list guys like that as C or W, but I generally go with C because, well, they are centers until they aren't anymore.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Going Pavel here, I think he has the best shot at actually getting some games and has potential to be a solid 4C if he can stick. I like the few clips I’ve seen from Hanzel, but worried I’m buying into new prospect shine here. Regardless those two prospects are essentially in line with one another at this point for me.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Lots of good players play C at lower levels, then shift to wing once they hit the NHL. Someone like Ambrosio or Makar will definitely play W if he makes the show. I always debate whether to list guys like that as C or W, but I generally go with C because, well, they are centers until they aren't anymore.

I know, stupid joke lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad