Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G - Shamil Shmakov - 2018 #202 - (HM)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Alex Beaucage squeaks out a win at #16, falling six spots from last year.

1) Calum Ritchie
2) Mikhail Gulyayev
3) Sean Behrens
4) Jean-Luc Foudy
5) Nikolai Kovalenko
6) Oskar Olausson
7) Justus Annunen
8) Ondrej Pavel
9) Jeremy Hanzel
10) Colby Ambrosio
11) Andrei Buyalski
12) Matthew Stienburg
13) Jason Polin
14) Gianni Fairbrother
15) Maros Jedlicka
16) Alex Beaucage

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I guess Makar, never count out nepotism.

The Ranta thing is so confusing. He’s better than these dudes for a while but whats going on idkkk
He had potential, but he busted out and went back to Europe. The Avs decided to keep his rights with a QO just in case but he only technically counts as a prospect, IMO. His NHL potential is flat zero at this point.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think it is that complicated with Ranta... as was feared, his incredibly low hockey IQ couldn't be overcome to get him into the NHL. So he's back in Europe and by the time the next poll rolls around he's 24. It would not shock me at some point that he tries NA and the NHL again, but it would shock me if it is with the Avs and if he'd stick. Like Kamenev and others before, he's done here and IMO isn't even in the conversation.

IMO we are really down to only 3 prospects left. Ishimnikov, Romaine, and Makar... Miner, Ranta, Zhiggy, and Shmakov are all destined to just age out or rights lost. Of them, only Miner may have a slight impact on the AHL team anymore.

Ishimnikov is still my guy here. Can't skate worth a lick, but he's going to be on the list for a while, will have time to improve things, and if he comes over chances are he'll get a NHL game or three as a concession.

Romaine... I didn't like his season in the USHL. But he's going to a good college and we will have to see what happens there.

Makar... he's got a puncher's chance, literally. That's how he makes the NHL. Hit people, go slightly over the line, and fight. There isn't enough skill there to be anything more than that. My worry is his coachability and temper. Dude goes over the line and does some really stupid stuff... takes a ton of bad penalties. He's also in the doghouse a lot for other reasons. But if the Avs want to keep Cale happy and they feel they need an enforcer type, Taylor could fit the mold.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I have voted Ishimnikov for a while now.

He's the youngest guy left, and thus the biggest unknown. He sucks right now but there's still so much time for the light switch to turn on for him. The rest of the guys are older and pretty much known to just suck at this stage.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Add Ivan Ivan.

No, seriously, put him on the lis!

I would, but he technically doesn't have an NHL contract, so since we don't have exclusive rights to him (he can be signed to an ELC by another team at any time) he doesn't really count as a prospect. Even though I would probably have him above anybody left on the list.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I would, but he technically doesn't have an NHL contract, so since we don't have exclusive rights to him (he can be signed to an ELC by another team at any time) he doesn't really count as a prospect. Even though I would probably have him above anybody left on the list.
Fair enough. Henchy got me hooked on his name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad