Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G - Ivan Zhigalov - 2022 #225 - (15)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Andrei Buyalski pulls ahead of a wide field to land at #11, rising one spot from last year.

Added Ivan Zhigalov to the polls.

1) Calum Ritchie
2) Mikhail Gulyayev
3) Sean Behrens
4) Jean-Luc Foudy
5) Nikolai Kovalenko
6) Oskar Olausson
7) Justus Annunen
8) Ondrej Pavel
9) Jeremy Hanzel
10) Colby Ambrosio
11) Andrei Buyalski

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Polin again. Add Miner I guess, him and Shmakers are the only ones left to add.

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
Do they? It’s been 4 years, he actually graduated school and has played in the AHL thus my understanding is he can’t go back and play another year in school unless the NCAA just doesn’t care anymore.

True and good point, it has been 4 years. He was in AHL on a PTO so not sure how that factors in.

Capfriendly says we would hold the rights until August 15th 2024. College players did get an extra year of eligibility due to Covid, if it impacted them within certain parameters. Stienburg probably was impacted so maybe that is the extra year. And since he was on a PTO there was no actual pro-contract? Or Capfriendly just has incorrect data.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I have zero basis other than numbers for what I’m about to say. The Slovak league is obvi not a top tier league, but Jedlicka being a near PPG player in a men’s league at a young age has to amount to something no? Also I’ve never seen so many inconsistencies as to what position he plays lol. I’ve seen C, LW, and RW as his primary. Some only. So I have zero clue what he plays primarily, or if he can do multiple positions up front.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I have zero basis other than numbers for what I’m about to say. The Slovak league is obvi not a top tier league, but Jedlicka being a near PPG player in a men’s league at a young age has to amount to something no? Also I’ve never seen so many inconsistencies as to what position he plays lol. I’ve seen C, LW, and RW as his primary. Some only. So I have zero clue what he plays primarily, or if he can do multiple positions up front.
I think he's a winger through and through, I listed him as RW since Euro players often play on their off side wing, but I've never seen him play so I couldn't tell you for sure besides that I'm pretty sure he's not a center.

I like him, I just think Polin is closer to NHL ready so he gets the nod from me. Jedlicka is next, though, I could honestly go either way between him and Polin.

No clue what's up with Stienburg. I thought he was signed, but I guess I was mistaken. He's still on the Avs reserve list though, so I think it's fair game to include him until he comes off of that list.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think he's a winger through and through, I listed him as RW since Euro players often play on their off side wing, but I've never seen him play so I couldn't tell you for sure besides that I'm pretty sure he's not a center.

I like him, I just think Polin is closer to NHL ready so he gets the nod from me. Jedlicka is next, though, I could honestly go either way between him and Polin.

No clue what's up with Stienburg. I thought he was signed, but I guess I was mistaken. He's still on the Avs reserve list though, so I think it's fair game to include him until he comes off of that list.
Oh yeah Stienburg is fair to include in these polls but that uncertainty is why I’m not voting for him.

I want to get interested in Jedlicka but until they sign him he’s just more fodder. why draft a soon to be 21 year old who was on the verge of being able to find his own opportunity just to not sign him and hold him hostage for 2 years? Hopefully something clears up soon on that front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad