Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2023 #7

Who is the Avs #7 Prospect?

• D - Nikita Ishimnikov - 2023 #155 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C - Taylor Makar - 2021 #220 - (19)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Oskar Olausson falls four spots to #6 after making his pro debut with the Eagles last season.

Added Taylor Makar. Starting with this round, we're going to add two prospects per round to expand the field to 10 choices. Make sure to vote for two each round!

1) Calum Ritchie
2) Mikhail Gulyayev
3) Sean Behrens
4) Jean-Luc Foudy
5) Nikolai Kovalenko
6) Oskar Olausson

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We have now reached the especially rough point of the pool.

It's between Hanzel and Annunen for me. Annunen is basically a #3G now, not sure if he ever reaches #2 level or not but I also don't know if Hanzel ever reaches #7/8D level.

I dunno. Annunen I guess. Although Pavel is a decent option as well especially considering the value of Centers.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Annunen the last of prospect tier with a realistic shot to play any nhl games

Add Polin and Beaucage. I know nobody likes Beaucage but he has a NHL contract which is going to be tough for any of the remaining to achieve.

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
This one is tough. I want to go Annunen but really was not impressed in his game.

Add Stienburg and Buyalsky

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Add Buyalsky, he had a great season in a bloody tough conference and I would have drafted him over anyone currently in the poll.

I love me Hanzel, but I am less confident about him being a 20-year-old. If he was 19 years old and posted a season he just did, then I have no problems with him being 7th or even higher, but him being an overager isn't that impressive in the CHL.

E: Pavel shouldn't be touching the top 10 of our poll, even for how rough it looks IMHO.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Add Buyalsky, he had a great season in a bloody tough conference and I would have drafted him over anyone currently in the poll.

I love me Hanzel, but I am less confident about him being a 20-year-old. If he was 19 years old and posted a season he just did, then I have no problems with him being 7th or even higher, but him being an overager isn't that impressive in the CHL.

E: Pavel shouldn't be touching the top 10 of our poll, even for how rough it looks IMHO.
Buyalsky just reminds me too much of Ranta for my liking. Big guy with great wheels and straight line speed but not the brains to make it at a higher level. I hope I'm wrong but he really needs to develop some other dimensions to his game for me to take him seriously as a prospect.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Buyalsky just reminds me too much of Ranta for my liking. Big guy with great wheels and straight line speed but not the brains to make it at a higher level. I hope I'm wrong but he really needs to develop some other dimensions to his game for me to take him seriously as a prospect.
Ranta was always a north-to-south player, Buylasky definitely is more cerebral in the east-to-west department, even though we can all agree that his best weapon is using his speed with the puck on his stick driving towards the net. I am not sure he'll survive as centre once he gets to the higher levels, but he has all the attributes you want for an off-the-rush winger. I suggest that he is a way better skater than Ranta, but is more of a finesse player (definitely not as physical as Sampo is/was).

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I voted Pavel... and really it doesn't matter. This is all a shit sandwich right now. The guy that could be a 3-5 year answer at 4C is IMO preferable to a AAAA guy and meh AHL goalie. You could probably get me to sway to Hanzel, but we are really splitting hairs on importance.

Buyalsky should be added. There isn't much left, but he's shown progression, has size, and can skate.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

He wasn’t an overager and it was his 19 year old season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad