• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Picked Demidov off of hype, I didn’t watch him outside of his first couple KHL games this season. I was not personally impressed in that very small sample, but I’ll go with the crowd.

I won’t be touching the Eiserman button for a while personally, I have Sennecke and MBN right there with Catton too if you wanted more voting options coming up. Although we are about to probably be on a D run for a bit.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Part of me wants to go with Levshunov, who would provide offense from the back end, but Demidov doesn't seem to have a weakness- maybe not a great two way player, but he can be coached up a bit in that regard.

Russian or not doesn't make a difference to me, at this point, especially with Demidov not having signed a contract with a KHL team. That attitude would change in a hurry if he signs a 3 year KHL deal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There was some level of WTF to his production in the KHL, too.
There is always some sort of WTF. Parascak has that stapled to him. So does Parekh.

DB does have a point that Demidov has barely played in the KHL, and with the political situation you can't see him playing in international tournaments against the best in his age class.

Ideally, you'd like Demidov to be faster, and a bit bigger, but I like his game. I can see him being a Stutzle type if he reaches his ceiling.... a bit slower, but elusive, just as skilled, if not more so.

In the absence of any other "can't miss" prospects besides Celebrini, Demidov gets the 2 oa, unless you are a team that really needs a Dman.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You’re a Yurov fan, yeah?
Yes.

In every way, this is the Yurov vs Faber prospect debate all over again. Somehow the sides have flipped (I wonder why that is… lol). We have enough young skilled forwards (Kap, Ek, Boldy, Rossi, Yurov, Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Heidt, etc etc etc). Our young RD skill is… *checks notes* Faber, Spacek and Masters :help:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes.

In every way, this is the Yurov vs Faber prospect debate all over again. Somehow the sides have flipped (I wonder why that is… lol). We have enough young skilled forwards (Kap, Ek, Boldy, Rossi, Yurov, Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Heidt, etc etc etc). Our young RD skill is… *checks notes* Faber, Spacek and Masters :help:
I'm just saying that looking at KHL numbers in draft years can be pretty questionable.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm just saying that looking at KHL numbers in draft years can be pretty questionable.
Yurov at least had 40+ KHL games going into his draft. That means he’s practicing with the KHL team and prepping for games with his KHL team. Yurov also had a really darn good WJC. Yurov also wasn’t in the conversation of being a top 3 pick.

I’d easily take Levshunov over Yurov. So I’m not exactly sure what you’re getting at.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yurov at least had 40+ KHL games going into his draft. That means he’s practicing with the KHL team and prepping for games with his KHL team. Yurov also had a really darn good WJC. Yurov also wasn’t in the conversation of being a top 3 pick.

I’d easily take Levshunov over Yurov. So I’m not exactly sure what you’re getting at.
40+ KHL games with 2 points.

"Yet barely played in the KHL and had 0 points in the 4 games he did play."

I am getting at not putting a ton of stock, or any, into Demidov not playing much in the KHL. That's it.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
40+ KHL games with 2 points.

"Yet barely played in the KHL and had 0 points in the 4 games he did play."

I am getting at not putting a ton of stock, or any, into Demidov not playing much in the KHL. That's it.
Yes, but Yurov was practicing and prepping with a higher competition. Which probably helped him to be as good as he was this past year.

I’m just wary of taking Demidov. I’d rather have the guy who was great in D1 hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad