OT: HF Sens Fantasy Hockey League 2014-15

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Past instances where I professed to like you were fraudulent.

Is that better?

edit: people should watch more Simpsons if they don't get this reference.

Quo, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Have nobody playing tonight at all, lame!
Makes for a bearing night to watch stats... my +/- is actually surprisingly better than I expected it to be, though John Scott and Chris Neil were letting me down in the PIM category :(

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Picked up Severson for just tonight and he may have made the difference for me this week (early but we'll see). Honestly thinking of keeping Severson after his first few games.

Anyone interested in Barrie?

Karlsson2Turris*

Picked up Severson for just tonight and he may have made the difference for me this week (early but we'll see). Honestly thinking of keeping Severson after his first few games.

Anyone interested in Barrie?

Would you be interested in Gardiner or Kulikov in return?

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Looks like today will be a big day... Pretty much coming down to assists and save % for the win!

I've never played a "head-to-head" league before and figured the week would end on Wednesday. I would have been okay with that too.

Worried about SV% considering the quality of the goalies you have starting tonight.

Good luck.

Karlsson2Turris*

Lethal needs to step up. For someone who proclaimed that he had the "best team" it sure doesn't look like it. :laugh:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I've never played a "head-to-head" league before and figured the week would end on Wednesday. I would have been okay with that too.

Worried about SV% considering the quality of the goalies you have starting tonight.

Good luck.

Price needs to learn to stop a puck or two this year though it seems... Goalie stats wouldn't be close if he had an actually decent set of numbers haha

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Well 5-4-1 (didn't think it was scored like that) isn't too bad I guess.

I thought you just had to win (or lose) more categories than the other and you would get a win or loss.

Was a good week HAWT. Quick came through for me in the end!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

I thought you just had to win (or lose) more categories than the other and you would get a win or loss.

Agreed, hell of a run. Will be seeing you later in the year!

E-Z RollerzII: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Oh weird Yeah... Thought it boiled down to a single value for the week. Throwing it out there now but I think next year we should do it on espn, like how every player boils down to a single point value. Allows a bit better balancing if we know what we're doing.

I need to figure out how to get my SOG up. Think was the weakest in the league.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Oh weird Yeah... Thought it boiled down to a single value for the week. Throwing it out there now but I think next year we should do it on espn, like how every player boils down to a single point value. Allows a bit better balancing if we know what we're doing.

I need to figure out how to get my SOG up. Think was the weakest in the league.

Yeah I think I can change how the scoring works with Yahoo. We can definitely discuss for next year different options.

I just went with yahoo as I had it for football and noticed I could add hockey with the same app. :laugh:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I guess I'm the only one who likes this points system. :dunno:

Good match Caeldan. You're goalies were much better than mine over the last few days.

Yeah the current system is way better than what others want. By the end of the season you won't have a bunch of people with similar records like 15-7-1 or whatever. It'll be like 100-50-25 and there will be no complaints of unfairness on who makes the playoffs. The good teams will get credit for dominating and the weak teams who get by on PIMs and goalie stats will be ranked accordingly.

It's how yahoo head to head has always been. I've been doing a similar pool for years with my close friends.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah the current system is way better than what others want. By the end of the season you won't have a bunch of people with similar records like 15-7-1 or whatever. It'll be like 100-50-25 and there will be no complaints of unfairness on who makes the playoffs. The good teams will get credit for dominating and the weak teams who get by on PIMs and goalie stats will be ranked accordingly.

It's how yahoo head to head has always been. I've been doing a similar pool for years with my close friends.

But... I built my team hoping to get by on PIMs and Goalie stats :laugh::cry:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Well, serves you right for not reading the league's rules and procedures (kind of me with the goalie situation...)

I thought I had! I for some reason assumed that it'd boil down to a W/L each week :laugh: Before this year I'd only ever played rotisserie style

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad