NHL Entry Draft HF Sens - 2020 Draft - Top 75 Average Draft Ranking

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Keep going because you're a fan of my list or because its the point of this thread lol

Honestly my knowledge/viewings of the 2020 draft class falls off a cliff after the 22-25 range.
Realistically most people do. Just for fun, after the top 40 or 50 I really dont know much more than ive read on each guy. For example most of the Russians i have no clue there is very little real tape unless you watch MHL games. Who has time for that when its just a hobby.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
After the first round, the more obscure the player (league, name, etc.), the higher he gets ranked.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I've watched a bit more highlights and done some reading. I'll give a top 75 a go with some revisions to my top 20.

1. Lafreniere

2. Byfield
3. Raymond
4. Stutzle

5. Drysdale
6. Rossi
7. Lundell
8. Holtz

9. Sanderson

10. Jarvis
11. Perfetti
12. Zary

13. Quinn
14. Lapierre

15. Mercer
16. Holloway
17. Mysak
18. Amirov
19. Gunler
20. Kuznutdinov
21. Foerster
22. Bourque

No more tiers

23. Barron
24. Askarov
25. Nybeck
26. Grans
27. Villeneuve
28. Smilanic
29. Reichel
30. Perreault
31. Brisson
32. Schneider
33. Guhle
34. Peterka
35. Wallinder
36. Chromiak
37. O'Rourke
38. Mukhamadullin
39. Bordeleau
40. Savoie
41. Hirvonen
42. Andrae
43. Foudy
44. Poirier
45. Ponomarev
46. Kleven
47. Neighbours
48. Simontaival
49. Viro
50. Colangelo
51. Niemela
52. Novak
53. Weisblatt
54. Niederbach
55. Jarventie
56. Torgersson
57. Greig
58. Kuznetzov
59. Pashin
60. Benning
61. Pytlik
62. Gushchin
63. Vierling
64. Evangelista
65. Finley
REMOVE - XXX - 66. Daniel Baker _ EDIT: just realized Baker is D+1 - XXXX
66. Farrell
67. Sokolov
68. Sourdif
69. Tuch
70. Daws
71. Nikishin
72. Heineman
73. Wisdom
74. Peterson
75. Groshev

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I think Lappiere gets Jarron Maidened and drops to 2nd. Ottawa can take a chance at him, I think he has already recovered or was close to it. In a deep draft I can see people take less risk with so many other good prospects in the top 40.

I wouldn't spend NYI pick on him to be honest - the home run swings can await for the zillion 2nd and 3rd picks. Lappiere is that kind of a player, along with Barron.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I think Lappiere gets Jarron Maidened and drops to 2nd. Ottawa can take a chance at him, I think he has already recovered or was close to it. In a deep draft I can see people take less risk with so many other good prospects in the top 40.

I wouldn't spend NYI pick on him to be honest - the home run swings can await for the zillion 2nd and 3rd picks. Lappiere is that kind of a player, along with Barron.

If he falls to one of our 2nds, we definitely have to take him. His concussion issues were apparently neck/spinal related and he's made a full recovery, feeling great.

I'm down with that.

Reactions: armani

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I wouldnt pick him until the third round, way too many good players will be available without the injury concerns. I have him in the 2nd round range but dont think its worth the risk.

I am hoping the sens end up with a combination of 2 of Schneider, Barron, Grans, Villeneuve or Powell.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
I wouldnt pick him until the third round, way too many good players will be available without the injury concerns. I have him in the 2nd round range but dont think its worth the risk.

I am hoping the sens end up with a combination of 2 of Schneider, Barron, Grans, Villeneuve or Powell.

No way he makes it to the 3rd round, I think he is worth taking with the Isles pick if it's in the 20's that's how good I thought he was before the injuries.

We can pick safer players later with our dozens of picks, risk/reward picks is what we should be going for after our top 2 picks because they should be pretty safe.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No way he makes it to the 3rd round, I think he is worth taking with the Isles pick if it's in the 20's that's how good I thought he was before the injuries.

We can pick safer players later with our dozens of picks, risk/reward picks is what we should be going for after our top 2 picks because they should be pretty safe.
There are lots of really good players that were having better seasons than him before he got hurt that will be available with the Islanders pick. The sens have 4 seconds, plenty of chances to take risks.

Taking him over players like Zary, Holloway, Peterka, Reichel, Jarvis, Gunler, Mysak, Amirov, Perreault with his injury concerns would be terrible risk i wouldnt consider for a second. This draft is way too deep.

He struggles to score goals at the major jr level 15 in 67 games. I have huge doubts he can score goals in the NHL too be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Realistically most people do. Just for fun, after the top 40 or 50 I really dont know much more than ive read on each guy. For example most of the Russians i have no clue there is very little real tape unless you watch MHL games. Who has time for that when its just a hobby.

Well I think that's where the communal aspect of it comes in to play. Like I've watched a ton of USNTDP and Russia's U18 team from this season. But have watched very little CHL, so I'm gonna have players I really like, like Mukhamadullin and Faber, ranked a lot higher than other people do. But I don't know a goddamn thing about a James Hardie or Evan Vierling, and so people who have seen him can rank him higher and it all balances out.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I did one with tiers, as per Guyzeur's request.

1. Alexis Lafreniere
------------------------
2. Lucas Raymond

3. Tim Stützle

4. Quinton Byfield
-------------------------
5. Alexander Holtz

6. Jamie Drysdale

7. Jake Sanderson

8. Rodion Amirov

9. Marco Rossi

10. Cole Perfetti