OT: HF Jets Lounge: #Gnamor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Just a heads up, the HTA is a provincial statute, and according to the locations of the two of you, one of you is in Manitoba and the other is in Ontario. I'm not saying they are different laws in respect to the specific subject area regarding doors on a Jeep, but just be careful.

Table of Contents to the MB Act:
http://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/statutes/ccsm/h060ei.php

Thanks man so what does that mean for me in manitoba

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
For those of you that have the Jets cookbook, what did Kane contribute? (I wanted to add something funny but couldn't come up with anything...someone help me out...Romang?)

French Toast with blueberry compote and chicken wings.

I made Wheeler's turkey chili but with beef. Also made Little's jalopeno cornbread. Both were awesome.

The farts have just started and thankfully the boyfriend has already headed home.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
french toast with blueberry compote and chicken wings.

I made wheeler's turkey chili but with beef. Also made little's jalopeno cornbread. Both were awesome.

The farts have just started and thankfully the boyfriend has already headed home.

thanks for coming over for dinner, hope you enjoyed it. But please leave since i"m about to become a human whoopie cushion!
- LadyJet

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
French Toast with blueberry compote and chicken wings.

I made Wheeler's turkey chili but with beef. Also made Little's jalopeno cornbread. Both were awesome.

Gq2D2Hw.gif

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Came in 12 hours ago, saw the topic at hand was farts and figured "maybe that's a sign to take a day off from HFBOARDS"
Came back 12 hours later, still farts. I'll be back in October.
Keep things in order in my absence Romang!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Thanks man so what does that mean for me in manitoba

It states you must have a rear view mirror, and must have side view mirrors IF the rear view mirror is obstructed.

MIRROR EQUIPMENT

Mirror equipment

42(1) Every motor vehicle and every school bus shall be equipped with a mirror, securely attached thereto and placed in such a position as to afford the driver, while driving, a clear view of the roadway in the rear and of any vehicle approaching from the rear.

Obstruction of view

182(4) Subject to section 58, no person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway while anything other than a standard rear view mirror or sun visor

(a) obstructs the view from the front windshield; or

(b) obstructs the view from the side windows; or

(c) obstructs the view from the rear windows unless the motor vehicle is equipped on each side thereof with a mirror, securely attached thereto and placed in such a position as to afford the driver, while driving, a clear view of the roadway in the rear and on both sides of the motor vehicle and of any vehicle approaching from the rear.

I think you'll be OK, but by all means, read the HTA and judge for yourself. The part about 'vehicles approaching' could be open to interpretation - you're certainly not going to see a vehicle sitting in the 'blindspot' with no sideviews. :nod:

Edit: as another option, when I had a Jeep I picked up some side view mirrors that attached to the front window frame. They were fairly small and unobtrusive, but did help. Think they were around $40 shipped. I miss my Jeep. :(

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It states you must have a rear view mirror, and must have side view mirrors IF the rear view mirror is obstructed.

I think you'll be OK, but by all means, read the HTA and judge for yourself. The part about 'vehicles approaching' could be open to interpretation - you're certainly not going to see a vehicle sitting in the 'blindspot' with no sideviews. :nod:

Edit: as another option, when I had a Jeep I picked up some side view mirrors that attached to the front window frame. They were fairly small and unobtrusive, but did help. Think they were around $40 shipped. I miss my Jeep. :(

I miss being young enough to look cool in a Jeep. Wonder if they let me roll without side mirrors on my mini van? Probably frown on it with the baby in tow and all :sarcasm:

I kid I kid my wife and I have resisted the urge to be practical and both still have our SUV's .............bad to the bone! :yo:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I miss being young enough to look cool in a Jeep. Wonder if they let me roll without side mirrors on my mini van? Probably frown on it with the baby in tow and all :sarcasm:

I kid I kid my wife and I have resisted the urge to be practical and both still have our SUV's .............bad to the bone! :yo:

Meh: who cares what other people think, as long as you're having fun. :D

We swapped our weird but semi-practical Jeep for a weird and semi-impractical RX8. For some reason, I have a penchant for driving slightly off the beaten track vehicles. We're probably going to sell the RX8 and get another Jeep at some point. The RX8 is fun, but I'd prefer to drive something I don't worry so much about as my daily driver.

We still have a 240HP Turbo'ed Miata sitting in the garage for the 'fun factor'. ;)

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

We swapped our weird but semi-practical Jeep for a weird and semi-impractical RX8. For some reason, I have a penchant for driving slightly off the beaten track vehicles. We're probably going to sell the RX8 and get another Jeep at some point. The RX8 is fun, but I'd prefer to drive something I don't worry so much about as my daily driver.

We still have a 240HP Turbo'ed Miata sitting in the garage for the 'fun factor'. ;)

I use to roll with fun vehicles but with the kids and the lake I have settled into a Big SUV where we can load allot into it. I have dropped down into the semi stylishly practical zone :help:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I use to roll with fun vehicles but with the kids and the lake I have settled into a Big SUV where we can load allot into it. I have dropped down into the semi stylishly practical zone :help:

I went right from my car to being a card carrying member of the mini-van mafia once number two rolled around lol

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Came in 12 hours ago, saw the topic at hand was farts and figured "maybe that's a sign to take a day off from HFBOARDS"
Came back 12 hours later, still farts. I'll be back in October.
Keep things in order in my absence Romang!

I'm really biased, and even I can see that this is a horrible idea.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I have 47 dollars to last me another week. Income tax money is gone. Wahhh. Thankfully the man has met my parents now so we can hang out at my house

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have 47 dollars to last me another week. Income tax money is gone. Wahhh. Thankfully the man has met my parents now so we can hang out at my house

How did the man endure the hazing ritual? :sarcasm:

When I was in my early 20's and showed up to pick up a new date quite often dads were not too pumped. By the time the women reached their late 20's and the dads found out I was employed and didn't have a criminal record they usually met me on the street with a cold beer and a hug. :laugh:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
How did the man endure the hazing ritual? :sarcasm:

When I was in my early 20's and showed up to pick up a new date quite often dads were not too pumped. By the time the women reached their late 20's and the dads found out I was employed and didn't have a criminal record they usually met me on the street with a cold beer and a hug. :laugh:

They talked a little. The man bought them DQ. I haven't met his mom yet

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I got really lucky, my mother in law is amazing.

Likewise. She's since passed away but I never had problems with my outlaws. They were very nice to me from the start.

I seriously doubt I'll be as nice to my daughter's future boyfriends as my father in law was to me, at least initially. Though the person they should actually be afraid of is my wife. ;)

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

I for one am looking forward to my mid-life crisis vehicle. I figure it will be a motorcycle. Coast-to-coast trip across Canada.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I for one am looking forward to my mid-life crisis vehicle. I figure it will be a motorcycle. Coast-to-coast trip across Canada.

It's a fun phase embrace it before you are 65!!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

A Miata?

:cheer::tinker::dainty::jk::pillow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad