OT: HF Intramural Team, NC State (Also Rec League Hockey?)

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I'll be back next week, but I'm glad I missed that one against the Grizzlies. Sounds like I would have lost my mind.

How are we doing, anyway? Doesn't look like they're updating Pointstreak anymore.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
0-2 this season so far, we got beat pretty badly last week vs Underdogs but that was at least a fair game. They just had a deeper bench and better defense.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
if you guys ever need a sub, especially for cary games, let me know

might be able to make it out to some now that they apparently forgot they are supposed to charge you to play in leagues there or something

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We probably could use one tonight, we've been a bit short handed the past few games even with subs coming in.

It's in Cary at 9:00 I think

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
#satin needs to get on teamsnap. Important discussions are taking place. Tomorrow's game is now at 9:15 in Garner.

Also have a big order from Hockey Monkey coming in this week. Woot.

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
we still havent been asked to pay on the team i am currently playing on

got to love how bad the management is there... probably moving to RCI after this season

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Ouch sounds like someone will be looking for a new team!

It's a joke... I do suck though, although I actually have had about 2-3 really solid games (for me) in a row now.

we still havent been asked to pay on the team i am currently playing on

got to love how bad the management is there... probably moving to RCI after this season

Yeah debating a move myself. Only question is finding a league that fits with my schedule. If the D league ever does form up in Wake Forest on Sunday nights (since that's their current pick up schedule) I'm all-in.

Dec 30, 2013
What are the skill levels like for the Ice Plex Intermediate C, Upper C, and BC leagues?

I don't think I would fall into the Lower C league from what I have read, but aside from that I'm not really sure. However, I do want to start playing again next year once I move to the area.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i used to play at ice plex

lower c is old fat guys and new people

int c is some of the better old fat guys and some of the younger guys who started playing later in life or never played seriously

upper c is where it starts getting ~super serious beer league~ and you can count on most players on your team to be able to do basic hockey things and know where to be on defense/breakouts (sometimes) and cycling in the offensive zone

BC had some former college guys and stuff but i have only ever subbed there because none of the teams had spots at the time. it is very fun if you have a lot of experience

i recommend intermediate c if you have played before because you can always move up if you are ringer-level in that league and if you aren't quite at that level, you will learn quickly playing with people who sort of know what they are doing

Dec 30, 2013
I've 3-4 years of crap league ice and 12-13 years of crap league inline experience. These were followed by 3-4 years of excessive laziness, which is where I'm at now :laugh:.

Thanks for the tips. Are there any leagues in the area you would recommend instead of Ice Plex? Also, I'm guessing these are no-checking leagues for the most part?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
they are all no checking leagues, but you can still play the body within reason

ive never played at raleigh center ice, but ive heard their leagues are good. i currently play at cary/garner ice house and the ice is pretty horrible at both locations and everything is really unorganized so i am probably moving elsewhere. wake forest ice house is really nice also

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad