HF Boards Guitar players

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
Let's talk about guitars!

Anyone else here play the guitar? What kind of guitar do you play? How long have you been playing for?
What are you currently practicing?

I've been playing guitar since I was 12. I have been taking lessons all my life and then I went to college to study guitar/music and now I teach full time at a music studio, also on the side and I perform with local bands every once in awhile. Teaching music is my main passion.

I have a Gibson SG and I've had that guitar since I went to college for music.

Right now I'm working on a series called 'Killer Techniques' and I'm loving all the exercises the book has.

Alright! Now it's your turn to talk about your guitar!

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I have a Stratocaster which I sometimes use

mostly I play acoustic, I have a couple seagulls and a taylor

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
I play a Taylor guitar, because I'm an elitist, but I play it very poorly.

Ladies and gentlemen, Wonderwall.

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
I should find a teacher and start taking lessons. Maybe this thread will inspire me to do that.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I played for about 10 years. was self taught. I had an ESP that looked similar to this.
120049_esp-ltd-m-17-blk-guitar_LRG.jpg

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Been playing for about 10 years. Have a strat but my real pride and joy is a custom made non branded acoustic that I traded my squire starting pack acoustic for. The custom guitar had fallen out of a pick up truck during some drunken shenanigans breaking the neck and cracking the body and I offered the traded in the moment which my friend had accepted. Went to a local music shop which had the neck replaced and body patched for ~$200.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
I should find a teacher and start taking lessons. Maybe this thread will inspire me to do that.

Guitar teachers definitely help you progress faster than trying to learn on your own or just using youtube videos. Go find the right teacher for you and you will be impressed
on how much better you can be playing in a short period of time with lessons.

coupe89

Jan 25, 2006
PEI
I have been playing for 22 years but mostly stopped for the middle 16 while I was married. Guitars are Ibanez UV71P, RG7420, GRX720, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Gibson Les Paul Standard and a Ibanez SR305E bass. Just picked up this Les Paul on the 10.
20171012_083233.jpg

Reactions: Sigh

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
20 years and still cheeks.

I play a PRS Tremonti SE w/ EMG Het Set. I don't use amps anymore, play entirely through amp sims via Guitar Rig 5 though I'm looking for something a little better. It has served me well for the last 10 years but amp sims have come a long way in that time.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
25 years give or take.

Currently with a Rick 330 12-string, standard Strat, Gretsch Streamliner, Epiphone Explorer and a cool Japanese Les Paul knockoff; through a Fender Champion 100 and Mustang V modeling head w/ Marshall cabinet.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I played in my teens, quit for a long time, picked it back up just before the pandemic. There was no YT the first time around so being able to get lessons on songs and even tabs/tutorials from the actual guitarists that wrote the songs is pretty cool. I play a Gibson LP Studio into a little Yamaha practice amp (THX100 or something?). Accumulating some pedals but haven't used them much if at all (a lot of stuff I wanted as a teen but couldn't afford like Digitech Whammy).

I just try to noodle on it once per day. I've been pretty consistent until the last couple months but things have come up. Gotta get back into the groove.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I've been "playing" on and off since I'm 15. I have a Cort Effector Explorer (had 2 at some point) which I played through high school. I still have it but it's in poor shape. I've been playing an Epiphone Les Paul for about 6 years or so. I have a non-described bass that I mess around with too. I always wanted a Fire Bird, I think this year will be the year I buy the one by Epiphone. The reviews are fabulous.

But, the one I play the most is the $100 guitar I bought for my son from Toys R Us when he was 6 years old. The First Act, by Discovery. It has a built in speaker and it's the perfect size to just sit on the couch and mess around with out having to drag out an amp. Sometimes I might have it out for 10-15 minutes and go do something else. I can come back to it and just pick up where I left off.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I have a guitar and tune amp that I don't play and will be looking to sell because it reminds me of bad memories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad