HF Board Road Trip to SLC to See the Utah Coyotes

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I made a suggestion on this board that maybe a Coyotes fan road trip to an SLC game might be a cathartic
experience as well as a chance to show up in Coyotes gear and show our loyalty to the team.

Ideally we would pick one game, preferably a weekend game (when people are generally off from work) and choose a given section in the arena and try and fill as many seats in that section with Coyotes fans as possible. Start chats of "Go Yotes Go", and make our voices heard. Also let our home grown players know how we fell about them. I'm sure if we show up in a large vocal group, it will get coverage. I've noted that Nordique fans used to fill a section at the Nassau Coliseum years ago when the Isles were struggling and it was certainly noted.

I imagine since this will be a new, fresh experience for the citizens of SLC, tickets will be hard to come by, especially when teams like the Leafs, Rangers, Bruin... are in town. My suggestion would be to look for a game against a team that's
usually not a big draw, like the Blue Jackets, Ducks, Hurricanes (unless they win the cup), Panthers (unless they win the cup), or whoever. It's really about the Coyotes., not their opponent.

I don't know how long the enthusiasm level for the Coyotes will last, but if people are interested, let's see how far we can take this. If we plan far enough in advance, they'll be time for some of our brethren from outside AZ as well as outside the country to plan for it.

Worst case scenario you get to see the Utah Coyotes play and I have to believe the ticket prices won't be as high as Mullett. Let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: Llewzaher

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Nah I’d have to be held back from throwing my jersey on the ice and making an ass of myself. I don’t want to see this team ever again, I’m going to do my best to avoid seeing them on tv, their colors, logo. They and all of their players and staff that I’ve loved are dead to me.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Nah I’d have to be held back from throwing my jersey on the ice and making an ass of myself. I don’t want to see this team ever again, I’m going to do my best to avoid seeing them on tv, their colors, logo. They and all of their players and staff that I’ve loved are dead to me.
I love your passion man, but you know it’s not the players or staff’s fault right? Like, Bill Armstrong and Clayton Keller had nothing to do with this situation…if you like them keep rooting for them to do well. Just my two cents.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I love your passion man, but you know it’s not the players or staff’s fault right? Like, Bill Armstrong and Clayton Keller had nothing to do with this situation…if you like them keep rooting for them to do well. Just my two cents.
I don’t have anything against them personally. But they’re not MY team anymore. Now, they’re going to be winning games for other fans, trying to win a championship for a city that’s not mine, showing the love of hockey to other kids rather than my future kids. I’ll never forgive that.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I don’t have anything against them personally. But they’re not MY team anymore. Now, they’re going to be winning games for other fans, trying to win a championship for a city that’s not mine, showing the love of hockey to other kids rather than my future kids. I’ll never forgive that.
I can understand it. But I hope you realize it’s a choice you’re making. The civic pride aspect of it sucks for sure, if they do well you don’t get the pride of having them play in your state, but who knows by the time you’re having kids they might have a team back here. If you have felt like they’re your team and you’ve invested so much in them, you can make the choice to not let them go, at least not right away…it’s exactly the same group as it stands right now, with the addition of a better owner. If I went to live games all the time I’d be a lot more pissed, but I almost exclusively watch on tv so I think it sucks big time…sucks for youth hockey especially, but for me almost nothing will change. Hope you get through the grieving process and come out on the other side so you can enjoy some Guenther snipes with us down the road.

Reactions: More Cooley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad