HF Blues' Page--Prospect Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Forgive the laziness if this has been addressed elsewhere:

When is the Blues' HF web page going to be updated with 2016 draft selections?

Simple question, not a complaint. I know someone has to spend the time and energy to do it, and I'm not volunteering for the job. Just wondered if anyone knew when to expect it.

Please tell me we're not waiting on the whole prospect ranking vote thing.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yep, all the HF writers were let go so I wouldn't expect it to ever get updated again and I would guess that it'll all disappear at some point.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Any details you can share on the "new format"?
Not directly involved with this, obviously, but from what I've heard Crave Online is transitioning many of their forums they manage over to the XenForo platform.

A bunch have already been done. Last I heard, the tentative plan was to move HF over near the end of the year. There's a lot of logistics involved with a project of that nature, so don't take any of this as gospel. Things may change.

Big takeaway is that the HF managers probably have bigger concerns at the moment.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Not directly involved with this, obviously, but from what I've heard Crave Online is transitioning many of their forums they manage over to the XenForo platform.

A bunch have already been done. Last I heard, the tentative plan was to move HF over near the end of the year. There's a lot of logistics involved with a project of that nature, so don't take any of this as gospel. Things may change.

Big takeaway is that the HF managers probably have bigger concerns at the moment.

I wish they would let the teams have pages like wikipedia that can be maintained by fans editing (like our forum could maintain the Blues stuff up to date). I think other than the prospect scores, it could be pretty good as a reference.

Suraj Sukumar

Dec 8, 2012
So Suraj Sukumar is out of a job?
Oh, I've found my way. Never even knew about these active team-forums. Turns out, it's like every other sport. Too much of the blah blah and not a lot of credibility. Yes, I may have been a Portland Winterhawks fan and had some Rattie bias, but the opportunities were there. You've got to love the keyboard warriors going at a 20-year old kid starting a writing career. Thanks for the feedback.

All in all, how's all that Binnington #1 working out for you guys? lol. Big talkers always have something to say, but here we are.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Oh, I've found my way. Never even knew about these active team-forums. Turns out, it's like every other sport. Too much of the blah blah and not a lot of credibility. Yes, I may have been a Portland Winterhawks fan and had some Rattie bias, but the opportunities were there. You've got to love the keyboard warriors going at a 20-year old kid starting a writing career. Thanks for the feedback.

All in all, how's all that Binnington #1 working out for you guys? lol. Big talkers always have something to say, but here we are.

While it did seem like Renard may have had an issue with you based on the threads you are bumping, is it really necessary to respond to every one years later? It's not a good look.

Regardless of the age you were when writing articles, when you put your opinions out into the world you have to expect feedback, both positive and negative. Especially when you are doing it in a seemingly professional capacity (even unpaid). Commenting on your name was definitely strange but he mostly disagreed with your opinions (from the posts you bumped)

If you truly found your way, congratulations. Enjoy your life, don't dip back down in the muck. Living well is the best revenge.

Last edited:

Suraj Sukumar

Dec 8, 2012
While it did seem like Renard may have had an issue with you based on the threads you are bumping, is it really necessary to respond to every one years later? It's not a goid look.

Regardless of the age you were when writing articles, when you put your opinions out into the world you have to expect feedback, both positive and negative. Especially when you are doing it in a seemingly professional capacity (even unpaid). Commenting on your name was definitely strange but he mostly disagreed with your opinions (from the posts you bumped)

If you truly found your way, congratulations. Enjoy your life, don't dip back down in the muck. Living well is the best revenge.
oh, no hard feelings or negative energy, but seeing this only now, trying to defend the opinions, not myself, seems like a good idea, especially when race was coming into play haha.

I'm all about the conversation in sports, it's what I do, to be honest. When it comes to prospect talk, 5-10 years later is a good time to go back and see just how right or wrong you were.

For a first generation Indian kid living in Canada covering a Midwest team nobody gave a shit about, I thought I did alright haha.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
oh, no hard feelings or negative energy, but seeing this only now, trying to defend the opinions, not myself, seems like a good idea, especially when race was coming into play haha.

I'm all about the conversation in sports, it's what I do, to be honest. When it comes to prospect talk, 5-10 years later is a good time to go back and see just how right or wrong you were.

For a first generation Indian kid living in Canada covering a Midwest team nobody gave a shit about, I thought I did alright haha.
Your biggest error is that lots of folks “gave a shit about” the Blues. That is why we are here. And you are defensive because you were trying to do a job you were wholly unqualified for and some folks here noted that. We don’t hold it against you that you are of Indian descent- this is generally a welcoming place and most of us embrace the diversity in hockey fandom. Our issue with your work was that you didn’t know enough about these prospects, you weren’t qualified to report on them, you show a lack of respect for us, and now years later you come back to insult us and claim to have been vindicated. Bad look.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
We messed this kid up so bad we drove him to the dark arts of thread resurrection and necro-chirping. Well it's a lesson to us all, criticize young writers at your own peril. It may result in necromancy and being a big baby and nobody likes either of those things. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri

We didn't give a damn about your race or ethnicity or anything like that. We gave a damn about your shitty writing, plain and simple. You weren't qualified, you had no understanding about the team, and now you're bumping threads that are dead and have long since decayed into nothingness.

I'm a writer as well. I've gotten entirely negative feedback - and that was on fanfiction, and I'm talking about a person ripping apart every one of my chapters that I wrote in detail, chapter by chapter (twenty chapters worth). I was fifteen at the time. Guess what I did? I tried to better myself with my writing, tried to improve, tried to ask for help because I was not qualified to be a writer back then. I didn't wallow in my own self-pity, I didn't whine, I just dove deep into myself to try to improve.

Given that you're doing what you're doing right now, you and I are miles apart. Harsh? Maybe, but you're going to get negative reviews on anything you write, especially if you have no idea what you're talking about. The key is to work hard to improve, research every bit of shit in your writing, double-check, triple-check, and quadruple-check your article before you post it.

Last edited:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
1703731250839.gif

Suraj Sukumar

Dec 8, 2012
You say there's no race associated to it, but there's enough posts to suggest you're choosing to take the highroad now, when clearly, you guys missed the mark then. It wasn't just that one guy. For the record, I have 0 issues with negative feedback. I'm used to it by now in this business.

You are the furthest thing from a welcoming community, but I'm glad I didn't even notice when it mattered. If you were, I'd probably take the feedback with more positivity, but I just see jargon by those with a difference of opinion and a negative, closed-minded outlook. Nothing to learn here.

I only replied because it was my first time seeing these, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fact is, for the keyboard warriors were out to play and I only now have a chance to not only defend, but revisit your claims and mine. Since we're talking prospects, what better time? I love the passion, it's cute. I'm from Toronto and hate my fan base. We are delusional and everyone's a pundit. I see no difference here.

I was certainly qualified to report on hockey prospects and I was FORCED to take the Blues on a paid basis. Understand that part. So when I say nobody gave a shit, it's not me, it's everyone else who cared to cover the sport. I was offered to cover the WJC every year in person while covering hockey, and there's a good chance I end up coaching in the near future. So, replying to the forum crowd is really just the cherry on top.

Looks like I took a lot of shit for ranking Binnington #1 on a regular basis, but chances are you don't get that Cup without him. My favorite part of it all is the aggressive peanut gallery who only wants to sit on the sidelines. There will always be more of you than me, and I'm okay with that.

I'll leave it at that. Thank you for your time then, and now.

Last edited:

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
You say there's no race associated to it, but there's enough posts to suggest you're choosing to take the highroad now, when clearly, you guys missed the mark then. It wasn't just that one guy. For the record, I have 0 issues with negative feedback. I'm used to it by now in this business.

You are the furthest thing from a welcoming community, but I'm glad I didn't even notice when it mattered. If you were, I'd probably take the feedback with more positivity, but I just see jargon by those with a difference of opinion and a negative, closed-minded outlook. Nothing to learn here.

I only replied because it was my first time seeing these, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fact is, for the keyboard warriors were out to play and I only now have a chance to not only defend, but revisit your claims and mine. Since we're talking prospects, what better time? I love the passion, it's cute. I'm from Toronto and hate my fan base. We are delusional and everyone's a pundit. I see no difference here.

I was certainly qualified to report on hockey prospects and I was FORCED to take the Blues on a paid basis. Understand that part. So when I say nobody gave a shit, it's not me, it's everyone else who cared to cover the sport. I was offered to cover the WJC every year in person while covering hockey, and there's a good chance I end up coaching in the near future. So, replying to the forum crowd is really just the cherry on top.

Looks like I took a lot of shit for ranking Binnington #1 on a regular basis, but chances are you don't get that Cup without him. My favorite part of it all is the aggressive peanut gallery who only wants to sit on the sidelines. There will always be more of you than me, and I'm okay with that.

Zero issues with negative feedback, and you're bitching at us and doing the equivalent actions of a child who wants to say, "I told you so!" on threads that are older than some trees and had not been replied to in a long time. You mention racial issues and accuse all of us of being the same as those people when you don't know this community; in fact, had you come to this community with good intentions, we would've welcomed you, like this community has welcomed me, even being transgender myself. But no, you had to passive-aggressively gloat about yourself being "right" after bumping threads, just to say, "I told you so!" like a kindergartener.

If you bothered to learn anything about this community, if you bothered to learn from your mistakes, and YES, take the f***ing feedback, no matter how negative, no matter how much you think it doesn't apply to your writing, we would've welcomed you, and we would say, "Holy shit, this guy's actually solid, I'm glad he's writing for us." You - never - did.

Delusional? Passionate? That's every fanbase, no matter the sport, no matter the team, as you've said yourself. Everyone has a separate opinion, some of us are delusional, but that's okay because of the passion we all share for our team. All of have an opinion. It apparently takes a bigger person than you to accept that and not act like yours is superior to everyone else's.

Qualified when you said Ty Rattie - Ty Rattie - was our best skating prospect. Bull. We watch the Blues games. A lot of us watch the Blues prospects. A lot of us know more about hockey than you and me, but the difference is that I shut up and learn. You never did and never tried.

And you are so welcoming yourself, saying that nobody who cared to cover the sport gave a shit about the Blues. That just proves that you didn't give a shit about your job. Paid? Certainly. Anyone can take a paycheck to write shit, but it takes a real writer to actually research shit, learn shit, do shit properly. You are the furthest thing from a real writer because of your bitching and whining and childish behavior, and I feel sorry for the players you're going to supposedly coach.

Oh, and Binnington had a solid, solid run, but if we don't have O'Reilly, it doesn't matter what Binnington does. If we don't have the defense of Parayko and Bouwmeester, it doesn't matter what Binnington does - as has been proven by the defense this year. He was an okay prospect (he was in the ECHL for a reason), and a good reason why we won. But he's not the main reason we won.

But yeah, thanks for your condescending, passive-aggressiveness, and childish behavior. You won't be missed by us, that's for damn sure.

• Love
Reactions: Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

You had Binnington #1, but you also had Parayko 10th with Schmaltz, Vanelli, Letunov and Rattie ahead of him. We don't win a cup without Parayko either. You had some bad takes. So what, everyone does. Have some humility and maybe we would be more welcoming.

We weren't even unwelcoming then. We had nobody to welcome. HF dropped your articles, and you in no way interacted with us. Plus you clearly hold St. Louis and the Blues in disdain, so why should we have welcomed you. You were forced to cover them? Did they take your family hostage? You were paid for a job. You agreed to it. Do it to the best of your abilities, and take the time to listen and learn from the audeince you were paid to write for.

Don't play the victim now either. Were you the 20 year old writer just trying to get a chance who we should have been kinder to or were you the hockey expert forced to cover for the Blues who knew Binnington would lead us to the cup and got jet setted to the world juniors for your expert coverage? You are talking out both sides of your mouth.

Also, nobody cares about you covering world junior or your maybe-someday pee-wee hockey coaching career. Bragging about it is doing you no favors. Honestly, it sounds like you are making stuff up to impress us. It's not working. You make yourself less sympathetic and less impressive with every post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad