Hey Terry, Do Us A Favor and SELL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hey Terry.

You probably won't ever see this, but it's been a long time coming. You bought a team that you claimed to love and you've ruined it not just for yourself but for everyone associated with it, everyone who also loved this team.

Sell. Do whatever you have to but your ownership has killed this team more than any scandal or bankruptcy or internal budget ever could. Every decision you have made has been the wrong decision. It might be time to make sure that you don't make decisions about the team any more and the only real way to make sure that happens is to sell the team so you can not do any more damage. This team once had a season-ticket waiting list. It's gone. So is your season ticket base.

Think about this - you've never hired a qualified president. Find one. Hire them when you are on your way to the league to find a new owner so that whoever is coming in has a solid front office. They might say harsh things. They might swear. But how about instead of installing more money managers or football people or Pittsburgh TV execs, you find someone to be team president who isn't you? Go away.

And for the love of hockey, you have killed this team and should sell now and forever more. You have your profitable toy in the Bills where you can pretend to be important and make money. But get out of hockey. It isn't for you. If you can't see what you've done to the team, to the fans, then you need a private come-to-Jesus with some of your season ticket holders who have canceled because of the shit show of an operation you are running.

Get out. Now. Get out. Or fold the team. This has been like a long, bungled hospice stay. We can't take it any more and it's clear you don't care enough to make the right decisions to not be involved with the hockey operations part of things. You're like a first-time mite dad who has decided he can coach, and let me tell you Terry, you can not. Go drill another well, go finish your yacht, go grandstand at NFL meetings but get the f*** away from my hockey team.

I've watched friends spend a lifetime waiting for this team, seemingly spending a lifetime in the time you've owned it, who aren't here any longer. For them, for the fanbase you've destroyed, the people who don't know the joy of this beautiful game because of your constant irresponsibility and ego... SELL.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It took 13 years but I’m finally there.

I’d rather the Sabres leave Buffalo than continue to be owned by Terry Pegula.

The suffering has gone on too long with no end in sight. I’d rather lose the thing I love than let it continue to be abused like this.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
On the bright side, I’m dusting my gear off. Because getting back out and playing myself is the only thing I can think of to salvage my love of hockey. It’s never been in such jeopardy in almost 40 years and it’s depressing that the thing I obsess over 360 days a year has come to this.

I'm there man. I quit MLB with the lockout in the 90's and never went back. The Bills? I stopped caring for myself almost 25 years ago. I have a fear that if I stop following at this level, I will step away from the game. It's not something I can find down here to coach or participate in - nearest rinks are an hour away - but I straight up find the sound of skates on a fresh sheet, the sounds of pucks off boards, one of the most soothing things. I just can't with this team any more. It has to change.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
I'm there man. I quit MLB with the lockout in the 90's and never went back. The Bills? I stopped caring for myself almost 25 years ago. I have a fear that if I stop following at this level, I will step away from the game. It's not something I can find down here to coach or participate in - nearest rinks are an hour away - but I straight up find the sound of skates on a fresh sheet, the sounds of pucks off boards, one of the most soothing things. I just can't with this team any more. It has to change.

Love the sounds. I don’t remember which service, but I used to listen to radio games at night. And after the games ended they’d just play a long loop of skates, sticks, and pucks echoing off boards. Soothing is the perfect word.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Honestly, I would prefer to find local buyers to keep the team in Buffalo but I am fine with whatever happens as long as he sells the team.

What we have to root for isn’t NHL hockey and hasn’t been for well over a decade.

He has ruined one of the best hockey markets in the country. The Knox brothers are rolling over in their graves with what has become of this franchise.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Honestly, I would prefer to find local buyers to keep the team in Buffalo but I am fine with whatever happens as long as he sells the team.

What we have to root for isn’t NHL hockey and hasn’t been for well over a decade.
This is my point.

It has actually gotten to a place where “he keeps the team in Buffalo” is no longer a needle mover. Thanks but Im going to pass on that. Continued Pegula ownership is the worst case scenario.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He has ruined one of the best hockey markets in the country. The Knox brothers are rolling over in their graves with what has become of this franchise.

I wonder if they could do it how the Packers are owned - a trust with fans owning shares? Probably not.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
If the Sabres were sold and moved, it would end me for hockey.

Being in Texas its not like there is a lot of interest around here.

And God effin knows none of these Sabres players are worthy enough to transfer my fandom to another town.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe some type of on-line petition requesting the NHL to intervene and force a sale based upon the owner ruining a hockey market?

I know the petition wouldn’t accomplish that but maybe it would shed some light on this clown?
I suggested suing the team to not allow then to use the name “Buffalo” a month ago. I wasn’t joking. This shouldn’t be allowed to represent the city after 13 years. We didn’t do this. Pegula did this. These are the Pegula Sabres. You refuse to act like an owner…but you should have to own your f***ing mess.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I'm kind of hoping he can fleece the state to fund a new arena, and then sell the team. That would at least keep them in WNY for a while.

Reactions: DJN21

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I'm kind of hoping he can fleece the state to fund a new arena, and then sell the team. That would at least keep them in WNY for a while.
After Pegs agreed to pay any and all cost overruns the NY politicians are probably salivating at seeing how many kickbacks they can get from approving a new arena to go with the stadium.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I'm not in favor of that because if screws the public yet again. They've done that my entire life in WNY and NY in general - screw everyone for affluent sports' team owners. If they sell and stay, find another way. But don't squeeze blood from a stone further after destroying this franchise by making it something the rest of the area has to pay for as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad