OT: Hey Rory

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Sorry if this is kind of spammy but I wasn't sure what better place there is to post this.

That ACE Hardware ad needs to burn in hell. Every time I try to do anything on this site I accidentally mouse over it for an instant and that video pops up. I hear "Hey Rory" an average of 3 times per minute I spend on hfboards. It's ****ing obnoxious. I also have ad-block up but it doesn't disable it for some reason. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

mottjm7

Jan 30, 2009
Grandville, Michigan
Sorry if this is kind of spammy but I wasn't sure what better place there is to post this.

That ACE Hardware ad needs to burn in hell. Every time I try to do anything on this site I accidentally mouse over it for an instant and that video pops up. I hear "Hey Rory" an average of 3 times per minute I spend on hfboards. It's ****ing obnoxious. I also have ad-block up but it doesn't disable it for some reason. Anyone else having this problem?

I must have laughed for a minute straight when i saw this thread :handclap:

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006

I also hate it because it randomly starts while I am on another page.

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Really, any browser + pretty much ad-blocking app/extension/add-on = no more annoying ads. I had no idea about this ad either.
In fact, I don't really care about ads; I want HFBoards to do what is best for them (I know, massive hypocrisy! :sarcasm:).

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd like to relay that yeah, there have been complaints about the ads, so you're not unjustified here. This has been relayed to the powers that be, but that's all I know.

HOWEVER

Do keep in mind that these forums only function due to said ads and the folks that choose to be a sponsor (who have all ads removed). Since I assume you're all here because you like the forums...

I'm going to kindly suggest you bear with the situation and not promote ad blocking. Here's an article on this very topic and discusses why ad blocking can really devastate the sites you love:
http://arstechnica.com/business/2010/03/why-ad-blocking-is-devastating-to-the-sites-you-love/

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad