12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Screenshot_20230711-142523_Facebook.jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Since Abbotsford gets to travel across the continent to play Laval for the latter's home opener (and they played each other this past season too!), maybe Hershey can be thrown a bone and at least get some Central Division opponents again sometime soon. (Yeah, I know, the teams themselves have some say in the matter)

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Since Abbotsford gets to travel across the continent to play Laval for the latter's home opener (and they played each other this past season too!), maybe Hershey can be thrown a bone and at least get some Central Division opponents again sometime soon. (Yeah, I know, the teams themselves have some say in the matter)
Would be nice to see a different team or two. With my luck, though, it'll be something like Iowa for two games on a Tuesday & Thursday in February. I never thought we'd see a Pacific Division team, though, so who knows. 😉

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I honestly still can't believe, after getting their stool pushed in out in Coachella, that they came back and won 4 of the next 5. That G7 OT win was crazy fun to watch, especially after another ass whupping in G6.

#GoBears
When they went down in game 7 I was like "why do I always watch these after not being a regular viewer when my tuning in almost always curses the team I want to win?" It's anecdotal but mostly true, the only sport I really have the time and attention to follow anymore is NHL hockey so that means a lot more tuning in and can go either way, but if I'm ever just tuning in to a casual fancy like my "favorite" baseball/football/soccer team or pull up a game and pick a side it usually goes poorly for them, I think the only team that has really busted that trend completely was the Denver Nuggets this year

Watching the Bears come back and win it was the most exciting thing I've seen in sports all year, fighting back from 2-0, and being caved in every time they went west, and my curse was awesome

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Considering Day was like no way coming back this is interesting. Admittedly not worrying about Hershey since Calder Cup is the way forward.
I didn’t expect Day to come back after the Priskie signing because I wasn’t sure he’d want to share playing time again. He obviously didn’t have as many options as we thought. Not surprised though considering he’s going to be 29 and has never played an NHL game.

Don’t they have something like 20 forwards now? I don’t get it
Strome is a depth piece. He primarily played 4th like when Hershey had a few injuries and Beck was recalled and injured in Washington. Not a bad thing to have depth at the AHL level, especially when Washington could take 2-3 forward “graduates” and we know there could be some stints on IR

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Assuming Phillips doesn’t make Washington’s opening night roster:

Snively-Phillips-Frank
Miro-Sgarbossa-Vecchione
Limoges-Lapierre-Dube
Suzdalev-Sutter-Rybinski
Extras: Roe, Hofer, Strome, Napravnik, Bogdan (might be going back to the KHL)

LuJo-Iorio
Ness-Priskie
Aktell-McIlrath
Day, Kim

Shepard
Stevenson

Solid depth, but that’s a lot of wingers. Wondering if there is some kind of rotation for the young guys since the AHL schedule can be difficult to transition to (see Lapierre last year)

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Day and Roe signings make no sense to me. There has to be a trade (or trades coming)? There’s no room in Washington nor Hershey for a bunch of these guys.

I hope they trade LuJo for a similar forward prospect. Maybe Alex Turcotte from LA or Nick Robertson from Toronto would make sense. LuJo looked like he was ready to play in the NHL last season and in the playoffs (when healthy) and he’s buried again in Washington. They should do him a solid and trade him to someone who will give him a legitimate NHL opportunity, he’s too far along in his career to continue playing in Hershey.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The Day and Roe signings make no sense to me. There has to be a trade (or trades coming)? There’s no room in Washington nor Hershey for a bunch of these guys.

I hope they trade LuJo for a similar forward prospect. Maybe Alex Turcotte from LA or Nick Robertson from Toronto would make sense. LuJo looked like he was ready to play in the NHL last season and in the playoffs (when healthy) and he’s buried again in Washington. They should do him a solid and trade him to someone who will give him a legitimate NHL opportunity, he’s too far along in his career to continue playing in Hershey.
I think LuJo will be given a fair shot for the 7th D position. It’s in his favor that he’s basically signed for league minimum. He has to beat out Alexeyev which is definitely doable.

As for the forwards, who knows what happens? It could get super messy if Washington sends down any of Protas, Malenstyn or McMichael after training camp. I don’t think they would want to block playing time for a few of their better prospects like Miro or Suzdalev. Maybe Hofer starts the year in SC? I think it’s a good bet that Phillips makes Washington’s opening night roster somehow. They’ve signed too many other forwards and he’s the only tweener signed to a one way deal this offseason so far.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Roe is another local guy.

They're certainly well positioned to move some combination of McMichael, Lapierre, Protas, Suzdalev and Miroshnichenko. I'd hesitate to move any potential center for the time being but in the right deal any of should be available. I'm at least intrigued by their additions of Phillips and Dube but I'd be surprised if Phillips makes the Caps. Love will help him get a long look. I think he's definitely better than Frank but unless there's an injury or two I'd be surprised. It would be an upside play but they're already looking to be pretty limited in the number of players they'll be able to carry as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille