"HERO... just for one day"

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Ron Francis. He can just do whatever it is you need him to do. Defense? Got it. Faceoff? Got it. Powerplay? Got it.

Ron Francis. But i would have him wear #9 ;)

And thus sending this board back into a frenzy dealing with the 3C model or Malkin to wing.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
I'd be fine with either Stevens or Tocchet from their 92-93 regular season. Together they totalled 220 points and 429 PIM. I guess I would want Tocchet. He was the smaller and less skilled of the two but had a much bigger mean streak which our current team could use.

His head smashing into the ice face first after a hard check in the corner was the more probable cause of the hookers and blow later in life. That was the beginning of the end for Kevin Stevens. An unfortunate and tragic end to a once promising career.

The hit you're referring to was the one with Pilon. Stevens sent Pilon flying backwards - but also crashed his own (visor-less) face into Pilon's visor. It knocked Stevens out cold, and he fell forward and smashed his face again, into the ice. It was awful to see, and arguably cost the Pens the game and series.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I'd bring him back just to see him loop behind his own goal and go end to end once more. The most beautiful thing ever on hockey ice.

Agreed.

I was going to post similar in my OP but was on phone, and opted for brevity.

But absolutely Z.....when he wound it up from beyond his own net, it was amazing.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Paul Coffey was a blast to watch. Flying up the ice carrying the puck and the adventure of him playing D. I think Scuds learned how to flop on the ice watching him.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I'd bring him back just to see him loop behind his own goal and go end to end once more. The most beautiful thing ever on hockey ice.

Hockey was so much fun to watch in those days. End to end rushes. There were 20 odd man rushes a game. Net to shoot at and space for the stars to skate. I can remember being at games when I was a kid and begging for time slow, it was so much fun!

Today, I still watch, but the games are rarely fun anymore.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Jagr in his prime. Dude was unstoppable, not to mention he had ridiculous drive when he was on his game. Much more consistent version of what I hope Malkin can grow to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad