GDT: Here We Go Again... Penguins Home Opener against Buffalo Sabres @ 7pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I just mean a bad game, but I can see how the "bad game relative to his norm" is the big disconnect here. :laugh:

Yeah, I think the thing here is that my expectations for JJ are so low that what he's providing out here rn is fine in my eyes. In terms of what they actually need out of their 2nd pair LD, it's not nearly good enough, but considering who JJ is, this is about as good as you're going to get from him. Playing overly conservative, doing nothing for you offensively but not hurting you defensively and not noticing him is probably the best you're going to get out of JJ.

I'm glad we spent like 20 pages coming to this conclusion :laugh:

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Weird that I thought dumo was a first pairing defender on a back to back cup team. Or does it only count if a different team is a contender?
No he wasn't. Actually second cup Ron Hainsey got the most defense zone starts and the hardest minutes if I recollect.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We better not trade our pick because we will be bottom five this year.
I think this is way too early to say "we will", but there's always been a chance that we would be rough. Lots of new names up front, and the same old problems on the blueline. Could end up being true, though.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
oh boy here we go, next we don't care about game in novemeber, than wait till January, etc....
I’m not saying the game didn’t suck. Just not gonna kill myself over it like some apparently are, haha.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
giphy.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah, I think the thing here is that my expectations for JJ are so low that what he's providing out here rn is fine in my eyes. In terms of what they actually need out of their 2nd pair LD, it's not nearly good enough, but considering who JJ is, this is about as good as you're going to get from him. Playing overly conservative, doing nothing for you offensively but not hurting you defensively and not noticing him is probably the best you're going to get out of JJ.

I'm glad we spent like 20 pages coming to this conclusion :laugh:

Or we could play Riikola and Marino who would probably be equally questionable at possession but might occasionally do nice things with the puck in the offensive zone

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The question coming fast is... "Is the era over?"

I'll point to times before where it's looked bad. I don't think we are there yet. But man this is demoralizing.

Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Or we could play Riikola and Marino who would probably be equally questionable at possession but might occasionally do nice things with the puck in the offensive zone

I'm not going to argue that playing Johnson is a good idea, because everyone realizes it's not. I want Marino playing every game.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
we have to get rid of Hornquist, the sooner the better,

Thank you
The question coming fast is... "Is the era over?"

I'll point to times before where it's looked bad. I don't think we are there yet. But man this is demoralizing.

Especially after the ending last season. It's possible. They need a GM and Owner who can recognize where exactly they are. They do have some parts that would bring back good value.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad