Hensick v Boyd

TRVIPERS

Sep 26, 2006
Home of the Jets
HF seems to think that Boyd may have a chance to make the team.

Quote:HF

Boyd’s first pro season has been terrific. After a fantastic training camp and preseason performance, Boyd carried that momentum over to the AHL with Omaha and currently sits seventh overall in rookie scoring and is second on the Knights in scoring, averaging nearly a point a game (50 in 52 games). A rash of injuries to the Flames during mid-season saw Boyd shuttle back and forth from the farm, and is the only real reason he is not leading the team in scoring. During his time in Calgary, Boyd got more comfortable each and every game, and in 13 games with the big club, scored two goals and two assists for four points. The 6’0 188 lb centerman is hands down the most skilled prospect in the system and has had no difficulty at all adapting to the pro level of hockey. A great skater blessed with above average puck skills, Boyd has progressed a lot faster than many in the organization anticipated and he now appears ready to challenge for a full-time role in Calgary next season.

http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/9515

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
HF seems to think that Boyd may have a chance to make the team.

Quote:HF

Boyd’s first pro season has been terrific. After a fantastic training camp and preseason performance, Boyd carried that momentum over to the AHL with Omaha and currently sits seventh overall in rookie scoring and is second on the Knights in scoring, averaging nearly a point a game (50 in 52 games). A rash of injuries to the Flames during mid-season saw Boyd shuttle back and forth from the farm, and is the only real reason he is not leading the team in scoring. During his time in Calgary, Boyd got more comfortable each and every game, and in 13 games with the big club, scored two goals and two assists for four points. The 6’0 188 lb centerman is hands down the most skilled prospect in the system and has had no difficulty at all adapting to the pro level of hockey. A great skater blessed with above average puck skills, Boyd has progressed a lot faster than many in the organization anticipated and he now appears ready to challenge for a full-time role in Calgary next season.

http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/9515

I was expecting Boyd to stick by the end of this year, but Moss's emergence has taken away that roster spot. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Boyd stuck with the Flames from the get-go, although he may be in a battle with a healthy Nystrom.

TRVIPERS

Sep 26, 2006
Home of the Jets
I was expecting Boyd to stick by the end of this year, but Moss's emergence has taken away that roster spot. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Boyd stuck with the Flames from the get-go, although he may be in a battle with a healthy Nystrom.

Well I see by your avatar that your either a big Dustin Boyd fan or you are Dustin Boyd.
I like this guy alot,I think that he is going to do very well in the NHL.
He seems to have adjusted to the pro game rather easily and that transistion seems to be the biggest stumbling block for alot of young players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad