Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
His sentence is 3-10 years in prison.

Good.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I added an update about Ruggs in the " General Arrested/Conduct " thread but I just read something about this case on the ESPN site that is simply mind blowing:

Police say Ruggs, who is 24, was drunk and reached speeds of 156 mph in Las Vegas' valley west of The Strip in the early-morning hours of Nov. 2, 2021, when his Corvette Stingray hit Tina Tintor's Toyota RAV4, propelling it 571 feet and setting it on fire. Tintor, 23, and her dog, Max, burned to death, a coroner ruled in December 2021.

The victim's car was propelled 571 feet before imploding !!!! :amazed:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I added an update about Ruggs in the " General Arrested/Conduct " thread but I just read something about this case on the ESPN site that is simply mind blowing:

Police say Ruggs, who is 24, was drunk and reached speeds of 156 mph in Las Vegas' valley west of The Strip in the early-morning hours of Nov. 2, 2021, when his Corvette Stingray hit Tina Tintor's Toyota RAV4, propelling it 571 feet and setting it on fire. Tintor, 23, and her dog, Max, burned to death, a coroner ruled in December 2021.

The victim's car was propelled 571 feet before imploding !!!! :amazed:
I don't recall the victim's car being propelled at the time. 571 feet is 190 yards. That is 1.5 football fields if you include the 20 yards of end zone. Just to put in into a visual context. Talking about a WR like Ruggs taking 22 odd seconds to run that distance if you prorate the 40 time by 5.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I don't recall the victim's car being propelled at the time. 571 feet is 190 yards. That is 1.5 football fields if you include the 20 yards of end zone. Just to put in into a visual context. Talking about a WR like Ruggs taking 22 odd seconds to run that distance if you prorate the 40 time by 5.
Police can and do say inaccurate things in media disclosures. Not like there's some reliable verification process to correct them.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Police can and do say inaccurate things in media disclosures. Not like there's some reliable verification process to correct them.

The accident investigators would have recorded the distance as part of the accident investigation because a death was involved in the incident. So there is absolutely a reliable verification process.

571 feet is way too particular, I'm sure the police received that number from the accident investigators. And I have no doubt that it could be true. The kinetic energy applied to the victims car would have been massive.

Reactions: LT

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The accident investigators would have recorded the distance as part of the accident investigation because a death was involved in the incident. So there is absolutely a reliable verification process.

571 feet is way too particular, I'm sure the police received that number from the accident investigators. And I have no doubt that it could be true. The kinetic energy applied to the victims car would have been massive.
190 yard is the conversion of feet to Yards. Visual of that distance is one and a half football fields including both end zones.
That is like 2 city blocks.
The force of the impact would likely have taken the victims foot off the brake so no question her car would have been propelled forward.
It’s only when to put that distance into a visual context do you see the force of the impact of that is indeed accurate.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad