Rumor: Henrique trade talk heating up

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Would warm the heart to see him back with the Devils if he is dealt. I doubt there's any shortage of other contenders interested though, especially if the Ducks are willing to retain him down to around 3M cap hit.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Is Anaheim a cap floor team? Maybe they seem some value in Myers + for Henrique after his SB is paid out and he turns into a 1MM salary guy.

Reactions: petemalloy

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Is Anaheim a cap floor team? Maybe they seem some value in Myers + for Henrique after his SB is paid out and he turns into a 1MM salary guy.

The Ducks cap situation will largely depend on what extensions look like for Zegras, Terry and Drysdale. Verbeek has indicated they are clear to spend up to the cap if needed, but that seems doubtful. I don't think they'll be right at the floor either, somewhere in between.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Makes sense for teams like the Blues, Detroit and others who missed out on ROR.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
The + would need to be the main piece and Myers simply a throw in. Henrique is a good player and a good leader for the youngsters. Should only be traded if good value is coming back.

50% retention for a 3rd. just a guess
That would be terribly disappointing. His leadership value is worth more to them than a third. At the deadline, sure. Best offer gets him at that point.

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
I would love him. Would give us solid top 6 center. CBJ! JENNER, FANTILLI, HENRIQUE

Send who back ,?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad