Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
I know I know, say I am overreacting, but lately Hank seems very streaky and sometimes off. He has had a few great performances this season but I have noticed him letting in more soft goals than usual, and seriously sucking in the shootout. Tonight's game was a perfect example of this.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
I know I know, say I am overreacting, but lately Hank seems very streaky and sometimes off. He has had a few great performances this season but I have noticed him letting in more soft goals than usual, and seriously sucking in the shootout. Tonight's game was a perfect example of this.

IMO....Henrik can't fully concentrate until the games mean more. It's simply too early in the season for him to play at top form.

Last year he didn't put it together until the December as he had to get his "A" game together for the olympics. The season is just too long and the early season games don't seem to motivate him to a higher level. I'd be somewhat concerned in February if his game didn't pick up.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
He lost his game once he got the big contract. I would play Talbot and bench the King. He looks shot!

RunTheJesperFast

Mar 27, 2007
He lost his game once he got the big contract. I would play Talbot and bench the King. He looks shot!

psIVASr.png

MetalGodAOD*

Colorado has very talented shootout players, Hank is fine, it's November.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
He normally has slow starts but usually picks up by now, I thought he would for sure do so after the Pittsburgh game, but he went back to into a coma tonight

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Hank is fine. We've had half of our Defense out for a good part of the season. It'll come around and when it does so will he.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Not a critique on his regular play but I remember when he was lights out in shootouts. There was a point where if the shot wasn't glove high, you were not beating him. It was almost automatic with him stopping every other shot. Don't know what happened in that regard.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
Not a critique on his regular play but I remember when he was lights out in shootouts. There was a point where if the shot wasn't glove high, you were not beating him. It was almost automatic with him stopping every other shot. Don't know what happened in that regard.

I remember those times too...good times. After the lockout he stopped for some reason.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
Why hello there familiar thread

Summary:

Hank isn't performing like a 8.5 mil player!

Goalies can only do so much, team has to play better!

Hank streaky, get head out of ass!

Early in season, step away from ledge!

Hank can do no wrong!

Hank you reason we suck!

Why spend so much on goalie! Get MOAR forwards!

YARRRRRRRRRR!

Ok, now that's out of the way.

It's early, team is still isn't fully in synch especially the D. Once D fully healthy and establish some god damn consistency, then I'll be worried about Hank. Hank has been too consistent for a single stretch of games to worry me.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
Why hello there familiar thread

Summary:

Hank isn't performing like a 8.5 mil player!

Goalies can only do so much, team has to play better!

Hank streaky, get head out of ass!

Early in season, step away from ledge!

Hank can do no wrong!

Hank you reason we suck!

Why spend so much on goalie! Get MOAR forwards!

YARRRRRRRRRR!

Ok, now that's out of the way.

It's early, team is still isn't fully in synch especially the D. Once D fully healthy and establish some god damn consistency, then I'll be worried about Hank. Hank has been too consistent for a single stretch of games to worry me.

The bolded made me laugh way more than it should have.
I read it in a hulk voice.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014

Yeah, so we can not win a single game all season

You realize he got that contract before the Rangers went to the SCF right?

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Ah i'm over the whole what's wrong with Henrik Lundqvist threads. The dude is awesome. All that remains for him to do is get himself a cup. Nothing else matters to him. I'm not worried.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Literally just read this about Lundqvist on a post-game write up: 6-2-2 record, along with a 1.85 GAA, a .937 SV%, and 3 SO in his last 10 appearances, and has registered a 5-1-2 record, along with a 1.58 GAA, a .946 SV%, and 3 SO in his last eight appearances at Madison Square Garden.

Hank's fine. He holds himself accountable and demands a lot from himself. If something needs to be righted, he is the first to admit it and he then puts in the work. Losing winnable games is frustrating. But it's early in the season, the team has some bugs to iron out and I feel certain they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad