Alexandrov (top 15)
Vasyunov (top 20)
Anisimov (20-30)
Zharkov (25-30)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Since I don't know much about Alexandrov I was wondering why he is now considered a top 20 pick?

What makes him so special? I know it's mainly due to the Russian Transfer agreement but what else makes him so special?

Thanks.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
habsfan15 said:
Since I don't know much about Alexandrov I was wondering why he is now considered a top 20 pick?

What makes him so special? I know it's mainly due to the Russian Transfer agreement but what else makes him so special?

Thanks.
1st pair D-man. Eric Brewer type of player and probaly will have the same success in NHL, Wade Redden if he develops very very well in near future but it's unlikely.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Kaizer said:
1st pair D-man. Eric Brewer type of player and probaly will have the same success in NHL, Wade Redden if he develops very very well in near future but it's unlikely.

Thanks.

But why were teams so scared to take him then if he has that much potential?

I know the lack of a transfer agreement scared off many teams but if his upside is that high he shouldn't have fallen to a 2nd round pick in some mocks.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
habsfan15 said:
Thanks.

But why were teams so scared to take him then if he has that much potential?

I know the lack of a transfer agreement scared off many teams but if his upside is that high he shouldn't have fallen to a 2nd round pick in some mocks.
Lack of agreement = lack of attention and it's the main reason I think. Last time young russian players prefered to stay in Russia instead of trying some AHL. It's a good reason too.

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Kaizer said:
Lack of agreement = lack of attention and it's the main reason I think. Last time young russian players prefer to stay in Russia instead of trying some AHL. It's a good reason too.

Ok thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad