HELP: Canucks fan in China

rajvandam

Unregistered User
Mar 5, 2007
Vancouver
Hey guys,

I've been living in China since September and I'm wondering if anyone knows any free online websites that play replays of games? When it's 7pm in Vancouver it's actually 11am in China (the next day) and I'm at work so watching the games live is impossible for me.

Anyways, please help!:help:

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Hey guys,

I've been living in China since September and I'm wondering if anyone knows any free online websites that play replays of games? When it's 7pm in Vancouver it's actually 11am in China (the next day) and I'm at work so watching the games live is impossible for me.

Probably want to look into getting the AXN channel on your TV. They have replays sometimes.

I'm not sure if NHL GameCenter offer replays, might want to check that out.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'm not sure if NHL GameCenter offer replays, might want to check that out.

If we're talking about the online version then yes, they do. Can take up to 48 hours for the game to be posted, but sometimes it's available right away. Great HD quality too. Since he's in China he won't have to deal with blackouts either.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
If we're talking about the online version then yes, they do. Can take up to 48 hours for the game to be posted, but sometimes it's available right away. Great HD quality too. Since he's in China he won't have to deal with blackouts either.

Might be a risky move because China blocks a lot of stuff, should probably ask around to see if anyone has an account or give the day pass a try if it's available.

Paid version of gamecenter/centerice?

Believe so.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
The overseas version of gamecenter is replayable and there is no limit as far as i know. You can watch any archived game for all teams.

craigcaulks*

Hey guys,

Big-Brother-Is-Watching-You-Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Didn't go into detail before, but I regularly did this when in Australia using gamecenter. I'd watch games at the end of the day after they'd already been played. You can turn it off so it doesn't show scores or dot where highlights are. My only issue was, commercials are still built into it, so whenever the broadcast went to break (including the entire intermission between periods) you get a rotating NHL Gamecenter icon for the duration. You can skip forward in 10 second increments, or try to guess where/when the intermission is over. But generally speaking, it's a pain in the ass.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
VPN internet is usually not fast enough to stream anything.

I used a VPN to get around blackouts last season and it was plenty fast. You just have to pay for the fast ones. The main issue with VPNs is latency and that won't be an issue for streaming.

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
I used a VPN to get around blackouts last season and it was plenty fast. You just have to pay for the fast ones. The main issue with VPNs is latency and that won't be an issue for streaming.

Oh, okay I stand corrected. I only use the UBC one, which is slow as ****

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
I live in Hong Kong and got a subscription to hockeystreams.com last season. It was ok quality and streamed pretty well as long as you have decent internet. I think it cost around $30-60 bucks depending on how many months you signed up for. It also allows you to watch any archived games for the season. If you want to use this option I would check to see if you can get on to the site in China proper but doubt you will have any issues.

I'm thinking of getting centre ice this year this year but don't want to pay hundreds of bucks for the same service, so we shall see.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
VPN isn't the biggest issue. The problem is finding a fast enough connection in China.

Outside of Shanghai, Beijing and a few other 2nd tier cities, the internet speed is god awful. A lot of places don't have fibre optic lines yet.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Didn't go into detail before, but I regularly did this when in Australia using gamecenter. I'd watch games at the end of the day after they'd already been played. You can turn it off so it doesn't show scores or dot where highlights are. My only issue was, commercials are still built into it, so whenever the broadcast went to break (including the entire intermission between periods) you get a rotating NHL Gamecenter icon for the duration. You can skip forward in 10 second increments, or try to guess where/when the intermission is over. But generally speaking, it's a pain in the ass.

Weird. I didnt have that issue.

Some games the commercials are still there but generally they chop them out for the archive.

The rotating GameCenter icon ive never seen.

Were you using the international version or the "local" version with proxy?

rajvandam

Unregistered User
Mar 5, 2007
Vancouver
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I figured it out, I purchased NHL Vault for $5/month and it only shows replays of games and classic games. It also has the option of 10-12 minute condensed games.

But the full replay of game options seems great, they still have every game from the '07-08 season until game 6 of the final last season. It lags a bit at times but other times it's really smooth. Hopefully it works out.

Can't wait for this Saturday night! Or should I say Sunday night for me or possibly Monday afternoon... GOOO CANUCKS

rajvandam

Unregistered User
Mar 5, 2007
Vancouver
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I figured it out, I purchased NHL Vault for $5/month and it only shows replays of games and classic games. It also has the option of 10-12 minute condensed games.

But the full replay of game options seems great, they still have every game from the '07-08 season until game 6 of the final last season. It lags a bit at times but other times it's really smooth. Hopefully it works out.

Can't wait for this Saturday night! Or should I say Sunday night for me or possibly Monday afternoon... GOOO CANUCKS

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010

If you ever go to Shanghai, drop by Big Bamboo on Nanyang road. They air live NHL games there, and you'll find a lot of hockey fans/players there.

rajvandam

Unregistered User
Mar 5, 2007
Vancouver
If you ever go to Shanghai, drop by Big Bamboo on Nanyang road. They air live NHL games there, and you'll find a lot of hockey fans/players there.

Oh awesome, yeah there's a chance I'll be there at some point before I come home for the summer. If I am, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Oh awesome, yeah there's a chance I'll be there at some point before I come home for the summer. If I am, I'll check it out. Thanks.

And if you play hockey, look up Shanghai Hockey Club. Even if you don't play you can hit these guys up, a really chill bunch. Beer drinking, watching sports, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad