• Shesty

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Nylander signed a ridiculous contract with the Caps that he never lived up too.
Martin Rucinsky Played 90 games over 2 seasons with the blues and put up 17 goals and 49 points. He went back to Europe and was never heard from again.
Straka went back to Europe after his contract with the Rangers expired.

We dodged 3 bullets by letting these guys go when we did.

These departures had more to do with these players who were at the end of their NHL careers and looking to cash in one last big payday in Europe.

Naslund's one year with the Rangers was respectable.
Redden was a waste of cap space.
Naslund was a shadow of what he had been. That season was anything but respectable - 46 points in 82 games.

As for the Czechs and Nylander, they always had good chemistry with Jagr. Rucinsky was someone who always overperformed in NY, which was the opposite of most players this team brought in.

Not overpaying Nylander was a fair point, but then to overpay Gomez and Drury after was not the answer either. Just goes to show no matter how much the personnel making these decisions change, the decision making process doesn't.

I never understood the desire to sign Redden especially once it became obvious that his best years were just picking up helpers feeding the puck to Chara for 100+ MPH howitzers.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Not saying he'll be in the same stratosphere as a player, but that's what everyone said about Jason Robertson, that his skating wasn't good enough.

Othmann at the very least seems like a player with the right amount of arrogance to his game. He has a lot of piss and vinegar to his game on the ice and I mean that in the best way possible. He plays with a huge chip on his shoulder which is something this current roster is missing. Something that basically all of our high draft picks in particular are missing.
I saw Kaako shove a guy in the corner with 2 hands on the stick, completely out muscled him. He doesn't use his strength aggressively enough. Imagine if he took his frustration out physically, he'd be scary in the corner.

Kreider is the same way, too scared to use his strength.

Reactions: Slaydagnar and CLW

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Gallant is trying to win games to save his job, i can't blame him. Maybe if he had full support of management he could do that stuff but as much as I'd love to see it, its likely not happening .

He is doing a hell of job there. Maybe he should try making an adjustment rather than sending th same guys over the boards night after night while we become a laughinstock.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
You guys think it can’t get worse? Try being in my shoes. I’m flying out to Vegas and Denver to watch them later this week.

Watch out I hear they charge $32 extra for butter in Vegas and the deadbolt magically drops on your hotel room door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad