Injury Report: Helm! (UPD: Done for Season)

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Seriosuly this made me re-consider staying up until 4am to finish the game...

There's no energy in the wings without Helm... might go to bed now and watch in the morning instead

RedWingsNow*

Meh.
Helm is important to this team.
But I really didn't think his line was very good except for a couple shifts ... and even then it was because the line was with Tootoo.

I really question whether this team will win if Helm is a third line center and Abs or whoever is the 4th line center.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Meh.
But I really didn't think his line was very good except for a couple shifts ... and even then it was because the line was with Tootoo.

I really question whether this team will win if Helm is a third line center and Abs or whoever is the 4th line center.

Meh.

Helm's energy doesn't just effect his line. It has a trickle down (and up) effect IMO.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Meh.

I don't worship at the altar of Helm either TFC (still okay with CB?), but losing him is a bigger deal than you're making it.
We are kinda weak down the middle even with him as I don't think Abby or Emmerton are long term answers at 4C. Without him, we're playing both guys which mandates almost superhuman efforts by the wings on the 3rd and 4th lines to get much out of the bottom 6.
And our PK didn't exactly set the world on fire without him- I know he's only 1 guy but it definitely hurts us there also.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Meh.

the thing about Helm is he doesn't bring a lot of offense but he's also too good at being an energy guy to only get 4th line minutes

therefore having Helm kind of pigeonholes a team into having their 3rd line be an energy line

RedWingsNow*

Meh.

Helm's energy doesn't just effect his line. It has a trickle down (and up) effect IMO.

I didn't see much of it Friday.
I know how important Helm is. But the problem is, if he's your third line center... you're going to have two lines centered by guys who can't pass the puck worth ****.

RedWingsNow*

the thing about Helm is he doesn't bring a lot of offense but he's also too good at being an energy guy to only get 4th line minutes

therefore having Helm kind of pigeonholes a team into having their 3rd line be an energy line

If Helm is a third liner, I'd prefer him at wing to center... with a pass-first center and a skilled shooter on the other side

shultzyfeelinirie20

Jan 30, 2012
Michigan
Helmer is gonna be just fine we wont trade him nor should we he makes our depth and center depth what it is hes just having a rough year hes still young he will be fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad