Hellebuyck vs Demko, who wins the Vezina?

Vezina?

• Demko

• Hellebuyck

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Hellebuyck will win and I don’t expect it to be a close vote. Demko’s injury hurts, but also, all the traditional and advanced numbers put Hellebuyck ahead.
Pretty much this.

If Demko hadn't been injured...but he was and is still out.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
It's Hellebuyck. Demkos injury and being behind on the stats that matter most (GSAA% etc) is huge. Demko should be second though.

Reactions: hn777

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
According to moneypuck.com (not the absolute arbiter of this stuff), while Demko is the runner-up in WAR and GSAx, this is the least close Vezina race since Price won in 2015.

I think it might have been a fairly close race in voting had Demko not gotten injured (backup save percentages, win totals to sway the voters), but the injury probably put a nail in it. Hellebuyck will finish with some 10 games more played, the advanced stats loving him, probably a higher save percentage, that whole long-ass streak of 3 goals or less allowed in the middle of the season, and a team that will either be 1st or 2nd in goals allowed this season.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
As of April 7th.

Connor Hellebuyck:
57 GP, GAA 2.41, SV% 0.920, 34-19-4

Thatcher Demko:
49 GP (has been out since March 9), GAA 2.47, SV% 0.917, 34-13-2

Very close race.

I mean just from these stats, Hellebuyck has more GP, lower GAA, and higher SV%
Demko's injury probably took him out of serious contention unless he returns and goes on an insane run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad