Rumor: Hejduk? (Jagr report rebuffed)

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
I'm sure Hejduk would love to reunite with Sacco. :sarcasm:

Jan Hejda on Sacco handling Hejduk:

He had no respect for the players and this was most associated with Milan. I give you an example: We are experienced and able to cope with the fact that we are not in line up. But for Milan to arrive two hours before the game at the stadium and only then to discover he is not playing, it's just silly. Mostly it is done differently: the player will know in the morning in order to arrive at the match, not that he is there for two hours waiting for a start, sitting in the stands and drinking coffee. This is twice as true when it comes to club legend.

On Hejduk’s future:

For a long time I persuaded him to give it another try. He said that if they change a coach he will go for another year. Now it only depends on whether he gets a new contract.

http://www.milehighhockey.com/2013/5/28/4372014/hejda-talking-about-sacco-hejduk

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Jagr's such a merc, and you've gotta think the guy wants to go to a contender.

I wouldn't mind if it happened, just seems like an odd match.

actually it isnt that out there.

Jagr went to Dallas and it wasnt like they were a cup contender.

I think he likes to work with younger players and then come trade deadline he wants to be moved to a cup contender for a playoff run. also with a team not likely a playoff team they tend to have more cap room....thus he could make more salary.

Right now who knows which team would/wont be a contender. at the deadline you would have a better idea of which teams are the favorites.

If he is on a bubble team then they would be less likely to trade him then he is stuck in the just missed playoffs or out int the first round and really no shot at the cup.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Svoboda said Tuesday the Buffalo Sabres were not one of the teams.

"I have not talked to anybody in Buffalo and the Sabres have not called," Svoboda told The Buffalo News by phone from California. "It's absolutely not true. Speculation."

Notice Svoboda specifically said he had not talked to anybody in Buffalo. What this could mean:

1. Since signing Zigomanis, the Sabres have resorted to faxing all negotiations.
  2. Maybe Regier is not in Buffalo.
  3. Maybe the Sabres haven't called, but Svoboda has initiated all communications.

@MockingSabresFront
Svoboda was far too specific and evasive. Where there's smoke there's fire! #sayingtheresachance #notalair

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Personally I'd like us to get Hejduk, his best days are behind him but his still a cup winner, played for Sacco.

I'm surprised he was let go by Roy and Sakic though, his been an Av for life, should have let him retire as one. Soulless move just letting him go imho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad