Andrew Cogliano
Joe Pavelski
2020 1st round pick

To Dallas:

:stars

Mitch Marner
Rasmus Sandin
Ilya Mikheyev

Let me try one more before I call it quits on the trades for a while.

Dallas needs significant help on offence and Toronto needs to improve their blue line. Marner is as elite as it gets at producing offence and Heiskanen is one of the best young D in the league.

Heiskanen imo is the best asset in this deal, so that’s why Toronto is sending a high upside defenceman in Sandin and cost controlled player in Mikheyev to Dallas. To offset the fact that Toronto is taking on some significant short term salary, they get a 1st round pick.

Last edited:

varano

Jun 27, 2013
To Tor:

:leafs

Miro Heiskanen
Andrew Cogliano
Joe Pavelski
2020 1st round pick

To Dallas:

Mitch Marner
Rasmus Sandin
Ilya Mikheyev

Let me try one more before I call it quits on the trade for a while.

Dallas needs significant help on offence and Toronto needs to improve their blue line. Marner is as elite as it gets at producing offence and Heiskanen is one of the best young D in the league.

Heiskanen imo is the best asset in this deal, so that’s why Toronto is sending a high upside defenceman in Sandin and cost controlled player in Mikheyev to Dallas. To offset the fact that Toronto is taking on some significant short term salary, they get a 1st round pick.

I think it seems fair....But I dont think either fan base would do it.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
To Tor:

Miro Heiskanen
Andrew Cogliano
Joe Pavelski
2020 1st round pick

To Dallas:

Mitch Marner
Rasmus Sandin
Ilya Mikheyev

Let me try one more before I call it quits on the trade for a while.

We need another LHD why?

Sorry as great as Heiskanen is we trade a 22 year old elite RW, a 20 year old LHD who was the MVP of the WJC and has top 4 written all over him and a 25 year old who averaged .6 PPG in his first season in the NHL for a first pairing LHD (a player we already have) a past his prime Pavelski, a forth liner making way to much in Cogliano and a late round first.

Sorry this makes absolutely zero sense.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
We need another LHD why?

Sorry as great as Heiskanen is we trade a 22 year old elite RW, a 20 year old LHD who was the MVP of the WJC and has top 4 written all over him and a 25 year old who averaged .6 PPG in his first season in the NHL for a first pairing LHD (a player we already have) a past his prime Pavelski, a forth liner making way to much in Cogliano and a late round first.

Sorry this makes absolutely zero sense.

As good as Marner is, and he is an amazing talent, Dallas wouldn’t make this kind of trade without getting something of note back on the defensive side.

I think you’re undervaluing Heiskanen. Who cares what side he plays? You can always make other trades to even things out. He is a number one. Reilly would move down to the second pair in this scenario.

Pavelski/Cogliano go in the deal for cap purposes. There has to be added benefit for Dallas in moving a one D and part of that is offloading some short term salary.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Pavelski is old and sucks he is a cap dump. Andrew cogliano is a 4th line center that offers nothing really.

I'm not trading marner for heiskanen straight. Heiskanen + the 1st is not enough either.

Sandin+mikehyev are being traded for what exactly?

This is a bad deal for the leafs

:laugh: the gain for the Leafs is someone who can play defense at a high level...not surprising you undervalue when you've never seen it

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think Heiskanen is getting a little overrated here imo. Marner would be the Stars best forward and is the only kind of forward that Dallas would trade Heiskanen for. Marner has proven much more than Heiskanen while only being a couple years older.

Dallas management would need to make the decision that they are willing to sacrifice on defense to get the nessecary forward upgrade. Under that ssumption this is a fair enough deal.

Not saying this trade would happen, but I think value wise favors Dallas. Fit wise it favors Toronto as they desperately need defensively competent dmen.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I think Heiskanen is getting a little overrated here imo. Marner would be the Stars best forward and is the only kind of forward that Dallas would trade Heiskanen for. Marner has proven much more than Heiskanen while only being a couple years older.

Dallas management would need to make the decision that they are willing to sacrifice on defense to get the nessecary forward upgrade. Under that ssumption this is a fair enough deal.

Not saying this trade would happen, but I think value wise favors Dallas. Fit wise it favors Toronto as they desperately need defensively competent dmen.
No way. Heiskanen is good and is good bet to be a cornerstone #1 which is the rarest commodity to get. Marner is a scoring wing and not elite two-way like Stone, Marchand and probably a couple of others. He doesnt have the same value at all

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017

Did Seguin die? Marner migh not even be a top 3 on the leafs.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
To Tor:

Miro Heiskanen
Andrew Cogliano
Joe Pavelski
2020 1st round pick

To Dallas:

Mitch Marner
Rasmus Sandin
Ilya Mikheyev

Why do you keep making moves where the leafs are trading Sandin and Marner.

No team is trading a star young blue-chip d prospect or a 94 point 22 year old winger.

I understand that you are somewhat considering needs, but you are still creating holes.

What does Pavelski do for us? What does Cogliano do for us? Those are two steep contracts that we should not be getting near especially when we are cap pressed.

The Stars are not trading Heiskanen either. Nobody trades a 21 year old top pairing d. He is an elite talent.
-----

I understand you are trying to fix Toronto's balance but deals this big end up creating more holes then do good. It really doesn't make much sense from both sides.

That being said the value is close to fair. Slightly in favor of Dallas IMHO.

Marner =< Heiskanen in terms of value
Sandin > First + Cogs
Mikheyev >> Pavelski

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
Overpayment by Leafs. Pavelski is on the decline. Cogliano is a dime a dozen. 1st round pick unless it's high like top 5 aint worth it. So you're giving away Marner best player in the deal. Sandin who has tons of potential and Mik who is a top 6 player just coming into his own before the injury for Heiskanen. No thanks.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
To Tor:

Miro Heiskanen
Andrew Cogliano
Joe Pavelski
2020 1st round pick

To Dallas:

Mitch Marner
Rasmus Sandin
Ilya Mikheyev

Heiskanen imo is the best asset in this deal, so that’s why Toronto is sending a high upside defenseman in Sandin and cost controlled player in Mikheyev to Dallas. To offset the fact that Toronto is taking on some significant short term salary, they get a 1st round pick.

Cogliano Pavelski and Mikheyev are spare parts that don't move the table positively. Pavelski 7m moves table negatively.

Sandin is better value than 1.

Marner is better player than Heiskanen as of today. Heiskanen will have better contract than Marner. Straight up I get why Dallas says no if cap number is reasonable. So Leafs best point is cap value after Pavelski contract expires?

Think Toronto say NO!!! while Dallas probably says ehh no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad