Heatley or Staal

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Few players have managed to get near the 90 point mark in the entire careers, and Heatley already has.

I'd put my bet on the known quantity, even post-accident.

I think Staal has a great future, but like other large playmaking centres like Lecavalier and Thornton, we don't know how long it will take for him to come into his own.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
NyQuil said:
Few players have managed to get near the 90 point mark in the entire careers, and Heatley already has.

I'd put my bet on the known quantity, even post-accident.

I think Staal has a great future, but like other large playmaking centres like Lecavalier and Thornton, we don't know how long it will take for him to come into his own.

Heatley!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
over the next 4-5 years? I'm even a Canes fan and I'd say Heatley no question. Although I think by that 3rd or 4th year Staal will have cought up with Heatley production wise on a year to year basis.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
It's not even close right now. Heatley is an established commodity in this league currently, and Staal is just a second year player coming off a decent rookie campaign and a point per game in the AHL. Heatley for the next four easy.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Color@do @v@l@nche said:
Heatley = Prospect? :eek:

Not anymore.. Give Staal 1-2 year more, then he will score more points than Heatley.

Highly highly doubt it. Heatley is the better player, and he'll be entering an early prime within a couple years. Staal is just gonna be one of those guys who quietly leads his team. He'll never win a scoring race..

Hockeymomma

Feb 12, 2005
Toronto
Kidding

Heatley vs Staal - this is absolutely ridiculous - how about Heatley vs Jagr or Thornton - have you checked out his points per game - one of the highest in his first three years of anyone in the past decade! Wake up people, Heatley is a stud. Post accident he returned early and had a shaky five games - he then had 25 points in his last 25 games and then led the World Championships and became MVP. He will be top five in the league this year - expect 85-95 pts.

SoCalSharkzFan

Jun 24, 2004
The True Man's World
Eric Staal is gonna be very very good, I can already see it from watching him play.

But Heatley, unless we already forgot. Is a unique talent that is rarely seen. He amazed us all pre injury, and even post injury he was posting above average (not great) numbers. :teach:

Pre-injury, Almost everyone here was talking about Heatley as a generational talent (though not on the same level as Gretz and Mario)

Dont write off on Heatley because of one setback. :handclap:

Baisleyens

Sep 12, 2005
I'm pretty sure at least for this year that the line Heatley-Spezza-Havlat will produce more than Staal-Williams-Whitney (Stillman). IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad