Pre-Game Talk: Heading Home! Winnipeg @ Toronto | Monday January 18th @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
The Leafs will likely be forced to use an emergency recall for Monday's game, or be forced to put Nick Robertson on IR. Either way, it appears that both Barabanov and Lehtonen will be unavailable to actived, as in either scenario, their AAV would be more than the Leafs could use.

This was written before Spezza and Lehtonen were waived, so just an update:

With them off the main roster the Leafs should be able to bring in Lehtonen and Barabanov/Anderson.

Prior to them waiving these guys, they didn’t have the option of an emergency recall as I believe they’d have to play this WPG game short a skater then recall starting the next game.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
This was written before Spezza and Lehtonen were waived, so just an update:

With them off the main roster the Leafs should be able to bring in Lehtonen and Barabanov/Anderson.

Prior to them waiving these guys, they didn’t have the option of an emergency recall as I believe they’d have to play this WPG game short a skater then recall starting the next game.
Without Robertson and Spezza the Leafs have only ten forwards.

If they bring up a defenceman and a forward they would then have 11 forwards and seven D.

My guess is they bring up two forwards.

They could either waive a defenceman (Bogosian?) or wait until they accumulate enough unused cap space to bring up another defenceman.

I don't think Lehtonen figures into today's roster moves.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Without Robertson and Spezza the Leafs have only ten forwards.

If they bring up a defenceman and a forward they would then have 11 forwards and seven D.

My guess is they bring up two forwards.

They could either waive a defenceman (Bogosian?) or wait until they accumulate enough unused cap space to bring up another defenceman.

I don't think Lehtonen figures into today's roster moves.

You could be right. But Keefe has already said they’re open to playing 11F/7D if that mix is a better team. We’ll just have to wait and see.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Is it just me or does the NHL like to keep the Leafs busy at the start of seasons?

They dont have more than one day off between games until the end of the month.
I think that's just how it is this year for all if not most teams.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Supposedly Tucker Poolman and Demelo are out if that's true that's a thin D core, Laine left practice today too so we will see if he and Ehlers play

Reactions: hn777

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I'll say it again. The Jets as of now are what non-Leafs fans think the Leafs are. Loaded top six and good depth at forward, absolutely trash D.
People love to rip Dubas for not improving the D but the Jets have done absolutely nothing aside from Demelo and even turned away guys that wanted to play for them like Hamonic.

That team would be scary good if they could have just signed Roslovic and given him a shot at that Stastny spot, and used the cap space and prospects they have to get a couple top 4 D.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Is it just me or does the NHL like to keep the Leafs busy at the start of seasons?

They dont have more than one day off between games until the end of the month.
They have some say in their schedule.

I’d rather be playing my fourth game on Monday rather than my second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce