Pre-Game Talk: Heading Home! Winnipeg @ Toronto | Monday January 18th @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I don’t think taking Bogosian out of the lineup tomorrow would be a good idea. Even though he hasn’t been very impressive, I’d still rather have him and the toughness he brings on that third pairing when facing a Jets team that’s pretty loaded up front.

Reactions: Leafslet

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
shotattempts.jpg

xGoals%.jpg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If the Leafs defense can play like tomorrow like they did last night they should win, because without Poolman and Demelo that Jets defense is really thin, Hellybuck and that top 6 isstill really dangerous though

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
If the Leafs defense can play like tomorrow like they did last night they should win, because without Poolman and Demelo that Jets defense is really thin, Hellybuck and that top 6 isstill really dangerous though
Unconfirmed, but looks like Stanley will draw in over Heinola, which is ideal.

Anderson-Engvall-Simmonds would probably be the best 4th line we've seen in years. Keefe seems to hate Engvall for some reason though
In theory, probably the best 4th line on paper since Kapanen was there in 2016 and Moore in 2019.

Never even considered that trio but now that I see it, it looks extremely well-balanced and still hard to play against.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Columbus hasn't won a game they aren't top 10
This is the top 10 by moneypuck.com

It's not a traditional TOP 10. Each team's power ranking is based on their probability at beating an average NHL team. MP's win probability model is used to calculate these rankings. You can go to their site to read more about how all the data is analyzed and chosen. If you are interested?

The most recent game teams have played also play a big factor. So Toronto beating Ottawa most recently bumped them up, Habs smacking the Oil, Columbus lost to Nashville both times but their most recent loss they actually had good stats and deserved to win but it didn't go their way. Now keep in mind, most teams have played 2-3 games max. Some just 1, and others not even 1.

We'll see how these rankings change week by week, it'll be interesting.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Are you guys gonna play Lehtonen at some point. I am very high on him, but stop keeping him on the taxi squad.

You'll see him for a total of 15-20 games this season. No more than that.
Leafs FO wants to play him as little as possible so he's cheaper to re-sign in the offseason.
I hope he leaves for a better situation though. His potential is being wasted here.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Lost Robertson and for some reason placed Spezza on waivers. Not sure what the thought is tonight. Haven't cared much for Barabonov.... invisible and doesn't play any of the special teams. Travis Boyd getting a look? Adam Brooks again? Can't see Keefe using Engvall as he doesn't seem to be a fan of him at all. To me that's the most logical 4C with his footspeed and PK ability. Interested to see/hear what the thought is tonight

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Lost Robertson and for some reason placed Spezza on waivers. Not sure what the thought is tonight. Haven't cared much for Barabonov.... invisible and doesn't play any of the special teams. Travis Boyd getting a look? Adam Brooks again? Can't see Keefe using Engvall as he doesn't seem to be a fan of him at all. To me that's the most logical 4C with his footspeed and PK ability. Interested to see/hear what the thought is tonight

Great explanation on why Spezza is on waivers on The Athletic. In short, was always going to happen, but the Robertson injury forced the cap issue quicker than intended. As for Engvall, some here forget he was god awful the last 25/30 games last season. Perhaps Keefe knows how he can play from past Marlies games, but has better options until he is consistent.

Another reason might be his games played. After so many games he would have to go through waivers, I'm not sure what the number is, but I recall reading this could occur. I would think they would want him around for postseason depth.

Reactions: Nylander88

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Great explanation on why Spezza is on waivers on The Athletic. In short, was always going to happen, but the Robertson injury forced the cap issue quicker than intended. As for Engvall, some here forget he was god awful the last 25/30 games last season. Perhaps Keefe knows how he can play from past Marlies games, but has better options until he is consistent.

Another reason might be his games played. After so many games he would have to go through waivers, I'm not sure what the number is, but I recall reading this could occur. I would think they would want him around for postseason depth.

7 more games

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I know he isn't even on the taxi squad so it's unlikely, but I'd like to see Joey Anderson get a look
Same. I'm wondering what he can bring because he sounds like another Hyman type which we could use right now. Thing is, him and Barananov are wasted on the 4th line if Keefe really wants to see what these kids can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad