Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I understand the anger from nuck fans for that missed one especially since it drew blood. But after seeing no PP for us in a must win game 6 against VGK last year when Ekholm got the same shit, my sympathy level's pretty low. It's frustrating as a fan to know that it looks like the Oilers won't get the benefit of a PP as much as they should get as the league and the officials know them getting a powerplay can pretty much get a goal majority of the time than not. The fact that the Oilers are getting 'penalized' in a way for non calls against opposing teams, since they have a deadly PP is the definition of irony.
Absolutely.
The vegas incident was inexcusable and it ties into what I am saying about playoff reffing.

Why not have a standard for NHL hockey and stick to it regardless of whether or not its playoffs or regular season?

He's literally from a village in Russia and will be signing somewhere else in the offseason.
Yup.
There are things to like about Zadorov as a player but the way he runs his mouth isnt one of those things.
I couldnt beleive that he chirped the Oilers bench after his goal.
Idiot.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
100%
More than anything I was just trying to acknowledge the highlighted portion of your post.
That the Oilers benefited from the non calls.

Much better articulated than my clunky posts....I should hire you as a ghost writer...lol

Thanks man. :thumbu:
We should all be free to express our opinions here. This isn't CNN.

I'm a huge Oiler fan but there are some nights where we have gotten away with more than a few.

Its hard to believe that in front of 2 refs and 2 linesmen that high stick would get missed but as Hull said, it's part of the game.

Anyway, on to game #3 and I am picking the Oilers to win by 3 goals but if there are some more softies on our end then its time that Knob swallowed his pride and inserted Pickard.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
We should all be free to express our opinions here. This isn't CNN.

I'm a huge Oiler fan but there are some nights where we have gotten away with more than a few.

Its hard to believe that in front of 2 refs and 2 linesmen that high stick would get missed but as Hull said, it's part of the game.

Anyway, on to game #3 and I am picking the Oilers to win by 3 goals but if there are some more softies on our end then its time that Knob swallowed his pride and inserted Pickard.
They missed a highstick on Hyman in the first when he was the guy with the puck and we've had games this playoffs where a highstick led to blood and nothing so they get zero sympaty from me.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Absolutely.
The vegas incident was inexcusable and it ties into what I am saying about playoff reffing.

Why not have a standard for NHL hockey and stick to it regardless of whether or not its playoffs or regular season?

Yup.
There are things to like about Zadorov as a player but the way he runs his mouth isnt one of those things.
I couldnt beleive that he chirped the Oilers bench after his goal.
Idiot.

NHL being typical NHL is as easy as I could put it.

Reactions: guymez

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Hyman is actually leading all players in 5v5 points these playoffs (even strength points includes empty netters). McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard are all tied for second. Nuge is 21st and Kane/Ekholm are 43rd. The Oilers as a team are second in the playoffs in 5v5 goals.

Our depth definitely hasn't been good enough but that's what happens when you play against two teams that were top 5 in 5v5 goals against this season.

Where do you check your numbers? I feel like the NHL numbers matched the eye test pretty well, but it seems like every time I use the stats they have available, there’s some important context missing.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
They missed a highstick on Hyman in the first when he was the guy with the puck and we've had games this playoffs where a highstick led to blood and nothing so they get zero sympaty from me.
Yes, I saw this last night wrt Hyman and commented on it in the game thread.

They have no sympathy from me either but again its common place at playoff time to get these mistakes.

Onward and upward to claim the series.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
surprised to see the lack of Mcdavid talk in this thread. I though that was his best playoff game since game 7 against LA a few years ago. Willed us to victory. Drai was great too but hes been MVP so far this playoffs so thought Connor deserved Some flowers.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Ibanez

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I remember watching that and trying to figure out exaclty what happened.

His reaction says high stick but its hard to know to know for sure.
It’s a high stick, can see it hit him square. I commend Hyman for the face grab too. Embellishment is needed in this league of incompetent Refs.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Zadorov knows exactly what he is doing with this quote. He's trying to be the villain and get the Oilers off their game. This dude just loves attention.
He seems to forget that it didn’t work when he played for Calgary. In fact we ate him alive after he started running his mouth. He’s a buffoon. Everyone just needs to ignore him.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
NHL being typical NHL is as easy as I could put it.
The amount of interference on McDavid is extremely frustrating. With the so called 'playoff standard' though the excuse is that its playoff hockey.

This League should be trying to find ways to let the stars shine. What they are doing is finding ways to diminish the stars and elevate the grinders.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Maybe he should talk about the crime rate, homelessness and other worldly traffic jams in Vancouver before he says something --but again, playoff rhetoric at its best/worst.
He could also talk about bailing on Calgary and its fanbase. Guess having an extra couple rodeos to attend to each year wasn’t enough for City Enjoyer Zadorov.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
surprised to see the lack of Mcdavid talk in this thread. I though that was his best playoff game since game 7 against LA a few years ago. Willed us to victory. Drai was great too but hes been MVP so far this playoffs so thought Connor deserved Some flowers.
He's the best hockey player in the world--that's my comment. It will be a sad day when he retires or signs elsewhere.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Its really hard to tell.
I am taking a risk by saying this but with all the embellishment going on in the playoffs....in that situation (with things being so murkey and happening so fast) I dont blame the refs for missing that.

I blame them for a lot of other stuff though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad