Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sad part is the win guarantees a skinner start. I like to think the close loss and Silovs playing out of his mind 3rd period guarantees his as well. He has been lucky and honeslty still after 2 games not really teared. Imo the silovs we saw game 1 is more representative of who he is.
Stop stealing my thoughts. ;) haha, I was thinking the same thing. Take the W, but it means Skinner gets all the starts. lol on Snet intro they said Skinner locked the door and got the W. jebus. False news. Do people just like this guy because of how he looks? Its uncanny. he gets unconditional good press. he's the absolute worst goalie in the playoffs. Way worse than Third string Silovs.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Easily. This game wasn't even close and game one we had the 4-1 lead and shut it down fine. skinner had other ideas.

So glad to get this W despite Skinner but is lesson learned yet. Do we put Pickard in?
Drive I will leave HFB for an entire year (not that I'm around as much as before) if Pickard starts next game, barring a Skinner injury

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yup need a Surreywave site. Fights gonna be 10x yeg knuckleheads.
Lol. I love how flames fans were saying oilers fans were trash cause of a couple fights. Like fights happen in every f***in environment with alcohol involved.
I'm guessing the Nucks are gonna shut down Cole rest of the way
let’s hope not. Lol.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How much can I love this post. That is the question.

Please start Pickard. I don't even care about Skinner rebound shit anymore. Get at least a competent goalie in there.
I think Oilers would want Skinner to get his groove back and hope he does better in front of home fans. One more loss and I expect Pickard to get the following game.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Sad part is the win guarantees a skinner start. I like to think the close loss and Silovs playing out of his mind 3rd period guarantees his as well. He has been lucky and honeslty still after 2 games not really teared. Imo the silovs we saw game 1 is more representative of who he is.

To be fair if the only condition I needed for a win was a Skinner start I would make that agreement.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Bouchard has scored at least 1 point in every playoff game except game 2, and that was also the only game he finished with a minus (-1 that night). He has 11 points (2 goals and 9 assists) in 7 playoff games thus far and is +6. It's been so great to see him begin to realize his potential this year.
2 things I've grown to love about Bouchard:

(1) I'm sure people will have better comps but best d-man since Zubov I can think of for keeping pucks in at the OZ blueline;

(2) stepping up high at our blueline or higher to stop a sortie from the other team

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think Oilers would want Skinner to get his groove back and hope he does better in front of home fans. One more loss and I expect Pickard to get the following game.
I expect it never happens but thats me. The worst goalie in the playoffs has had 19 playoff starts in a row for his team. I can't stop asking questions about that. its ridiculous. Having to beat the refs, opponent, and Skinner sucking is arduous. To get a W we have to outscore Skinner.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The most we can hope for is for Skinner to do well. We just aren't going to switch him out unless we are on the verge of elimination and he's been bad. It's too easy for fans to want a quick change. We aren't Boston where there is that great second option, as a true 1a/1b scenario

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
The most we can hope for is for Skinner to do well. We just aren't going to switch him out unless we are on the verge of elimination and he's been bad. It's too easy for fans to want a quick change. We aren't Boston where there is that great second option, as a true 1a/1b scenario
I don't even think verge of elimination we make a change.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad