GDT: #hcanes @ #moocowcity: I have come a Canaiac and a Caniac I am!!!

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Dumb ****s. Absolutely despicable.

85e13378-9408-4837-bbf4-7e3645d4ec22_zps7ab690a7.png

these media d-bags have been doing this crap for years long before social media came along and made their stupidity and character quickly accessible to everyone. tweets like that do nothing but allow a moron who no one cares about to say something. if it wasn't Semin it would be someone else. it's simply the type of individuals they are. irrelevant people trying to make themselves relevant any way they can.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
jeff o'neill calling out semin for being lazy is hilarious

o'neill was objectively lazier and more enigmatic.

and a fatass

but he's a good canadian boy, so it's cool.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
O'Neill clearly thinks he sees a younger him in Semin and resents what he's becomes, so he projects that hatred towards him. #sychoanalisis

Just like Radek Dvorak was "playing well" last year by scoring in the first two games.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Just like Radek Dvorak was "playing well" last year by scoring in the first two games
and just like chris "75% shooting percentage" terry (edit: 50% after tonight)

people really just look at the point totals and create a story around it. they aren't "watching the games" any more than we are. their "eye test" is just confirmation bias. all the supposed "best players" this year are suspiciously the ones who have the most points...in 6 games. they really don't understand the role that luck plays in hockey, especially over tiny sample sizes.

look at how well murphy plays and he's getting zero credit for it from most people. why? 1 point. the puck isn't falling his way, so he can't be playing well. the stats don't tell us it. the stats are everything. except if you use corsi, then you are a nerd who doesn't watch the game.

this isn't ****ing basketball. there are less than 6 goals per game in the NHL. most scoring chances don't go in the net. over six games, it's entirely possible to make a dozen great set ups and have none of them result in goals, or alternatively take 6 shots on goal and have 3 of them wind up in the net. attempting to draw conclusions about quality of play from looking at point totals over such a short time period is a futile and borderline Pejorative Slured exercise.

Last edited:

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Didnt watch the game tonight. This team is embarassing. Tomorrows loss to Edmonton will be worth drinking over.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
John and Tripp didn't rag on Semin tonight as much. maybe they were told to tone it down.

anyway, not much of an improvement but I thought he looked a little bit quicker and a tad more engaged with a couple of snappier passes. still slow and looks really weak on the puck. it looks like his wrist is affecting his play some and I don't know what that injury was in preseason or if it was still the wrist.. who knows but he had a bit more jump to me.

I have no idea why he's following the play up ice and not leading the rush. it's like he's in the way at the blue line and not getting open for a pass. I don't like that drop pass system they are employing at all and Semin in the slot instead of on the boards is crazy to me, though it may have to do with him being weak on and with the puck right now.

anyway that's some of what I saw from him tonight. they all played terrible. Still early and we'll see how it goes. see how things go when they get healthier. see how Peters adjusts and what he's really all about. 50/50 chance of getting better. either they will or they won't.

anything is possible still. I still have a crazy feeking they all somehow get on track and turn things around. we'll see.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Entire team looked like ass tonight. Doesn't matter who you choose out of the roster. If they don't want to be called out on their poor play, play like you give a damn for more than 5 minutes out of the game.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Peters talked big but hasn't done anything yet in terms of ice time unless you count Hainsey's unexplainable scratch. granted guys are out injured but he could still sit guys especially when the game is lost and out of hand anyway. I am leaning toward him feeling that it takes time for guys to adjust to his system and he's accepting of mistakes. I guess he thinks they are trying and working hard though. he just hasn't done anything obvious or lost his cool. idk what goes on in the room however.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
idk what goes on in the room however.

obviously not enough bro-hugs and/or Nickleback they were raised on. A small group discussion where everyone openly expresses their fears regarding Skinner's mushy head and any feelings of jealousy harbored amongst themselves might also be emotionally liberating.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
they may miss Chantel and are boycotting management until she makes her return.

I don't think there's any "may" about it. One just doesn't know Chantel and then not miss her if she's not there. Everyone is feeling just a bit empty on the inside these days.

Last edited:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I feel weird saying this, but I can't wait until Eric comes back not because he's really good at hockey but because every thread won't devolve into what some long established idiots said about our golden boy. Maybe we'll get some diversity again.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Peters talked big but hasn't done anything yet in terms of ice time unless you count Hainsey's unexplainable scratch. granted guys are out injured but he could still sit guys especially when the game is lost and out of hand anyway. I am leaning toward him feeling that it takes time for guys to adjust to his system and he's accepting of mistakes. I guess he thinks they are trying and working hard though. he just hasn't done anything obvious or lost his cool. idk what goes on in the room however.

It could just be that everybody is sucking the same amount- you can't bench the entire team.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Almost half of our forwards are AHL fodder. The other half, most of whom aren't very good either, play like they don't give a rats ass. Calgary doesn't have a whole lot of talent in their roster, but they are a very hard working team with good goaltending. Last night's result wasn't a shock.

If the team actually competes the game is a lot closer. What a embarrassment, I am curious what Bill Peters is saying to these guy's in the locker room. During the second intermission it sure seems like he said "pack it up guys the game is already over"...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad