Hawks win the 2015 Stanley Cup!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It would have been a nice gesture, but I don't see it as the backhanded insult that some people here apparently do to exclude him. Assuming the guy who replaced him got it instead?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
She's a beauty. All three entries for this era.
CqhAVGa.jpg

cup2013-2-600.jpg

CP6Jye3WUAA2qOF.jpg

Honestly surprised that Raanta (due to amount of games dressed in the regular season) and especially Reif aren't on the Cup this year. Know that they can have only so many special permissions on there, but still noticeable absences.

Its pretty amazing to see just how different each team was because of cap , etc

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It is nuts. Can you imagine if there was not a cap? This team would be so stacked.

I'm not convinced of this logic.

A big part of the reason that the Blackhawks have been so successful is because of how they've been able to navigate the cap system. The cap system essentially established a degree of difficulty to building a team beyond 'throw money at the problem' and they capitalized, while other teams who could once simply throw money at a problem, were left struggling to figure things out and catch up.

The cap has been much less a limiter of Chicago's success than an enabler.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Im not a fan of having like the whole FO on there. should be Bowman, Q and the players. The other people are important, but those are the guys that ice the roster.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
isnt there a limit on number names? I'd think that explains things with reif and raanta left off more than an oversight

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I think a lot of people just expected him to be on it due to him being on it previously and then kind of a tribute to him type of thing this year. Not saying it is right or wrong what they did, I am just pointing out where people are coming from. I can see where both sides could have valid points on whether or not he should be on it, but the matter of fact is the Blackhawks know how much he meant to the organization and that doesn't change whether his name is on the Cup or not.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Who gets a ring? Ive worn troy murrays from 2010 and 2013 at a private event he was at. Since hes a radio guy, id assume lots of people get a ring. Jim cornelison for example gets them as I'm sure we all know.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
At least from what it's reported, Wirtz is very generous when it comes to giving Hawks staff rings. A lot of people at all aspects of the Hawks organization will likely be getting them.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I think most fulltime employees of the Blackhawks get them, or at least did in 2010? For example, my work does some printing for the Blackhawks once in a while. The graphic designer who works for the Hawks told our CSR that she should come down to the UC some time and see his Cup ring. This was from 3-4 years ago, regarding the 2010 Cup rings. I don't know if the extreme generosity kept up in the 2 latter cup wins or not, because...

I also heard from someone else that the employees who don't qualify for them were allowed to purchase their own. Apparently there are 'cheaper' versions that these people can buy in the range of $2,500 or so. I was told the guy who handles the goal light was one of those people, but that he's technically an employee of the NHL, not the Hawks. So who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad