Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Wings | 05.25.13 | 7:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Since the playoffs have started, we haven't done PGTs and instead left the talk to the series thread.

I thought that, in an attempt to shift the orbit of the series, we should have one for this game.

Given that Chicago was 4-0 against the Wings during the regular season...maybe if we do a "regular season" PGT it will be enough to make the Hawks win :dunno:

(if they win this game, i'll take full credit...if they don't - well, they were down 3-1).

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
We win tomorrow and we win the series. Simple as that, we got 2 of 3 at home and we could beat the Wings and send them away for good in the most epic way possible, the stage is set!

member 151739

I've been trying to change everything. I won't wear a Hawks shirt. Nothing Glee related coming from me. I even changed my avatar. Brie Larson is the new Heather Morris.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
With some time to cool down after the last disappointing loss, I now truly believe the Hawks will roll off 3 straight wins and move on to the conference finals.

Eternally an optimist. That's the way to live.

Cheers, Bring Back GLR :cheers:

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
The same poll was made somewhat recently. Some Ducks fan was going on and on about how Fowler is a great shutdown defenseman :facepalm:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The same poll was made somewhat recently. Some Ducks fan was going on and on about how Fowler is a great shutdown defenseman :facepalm:

they also like to point out that Fowler gets much more "responsibility" than Leddy...this would seem like a good intro for a discussion about how the overall quality of defense on each team might affect a very young player's "responsibility" ... but given the discussion i'm thinking of was in the US Olympic Team thread I thought that, as a Canadian, what i perceived as "clarifying comments" might be received as "trolling" :dunno:

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
they also like to point out that Fowler gets much more "responsibility" than Leddy...this would seem like a good intro for a discussion about how the overall quality of defense on each team might affect a very young player's "responsibility" ... but given the discussion i'm thinking of was in the US Olympic Team thread I thought that, as a Canadian, what i perceived as "clarifying comments" might be received as "trolling" :dunno:

Hahaha. Spot-on.

Also, I'd be wary of trying to prop up any Hawks player in a thread at the moment. They're down 3-1 in the series, you see, so every player sucks.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
With some time to cool down after the last disappointing loss, I now truly believe the Hawks will roll off 3 straight wins and move on to the conference finals.

Eternally an optimist. That's the way to live.

Cheers, Bring Back GLR :cheers:

Only way to live my friend. Toews comes out scores early and punches the Wings in the teeth.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I think they win tonight, but I wouldn't be suprised if this game goes like Game 6 last year. They will get booed off the ice if they don't win this game. It has been three years since the Cup. I'm happy we got to see one, but this franchise can't live off that one for the rest of time. The truly great teams put it all together and constantly are either in the Cup or miss it by the skin of their teeth. One playoff round win in three years with the talent on this roster is a complete ****ing joke. Something needs to be done tonight to send a message and kickstart us into a major roll these next three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad