GDT: Hawks vs Nucks 2PM CT Sunday on NBCSCH - Nightmare Fuel Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Foligno: "6 on 5 not practiced enough."

Welp.

As he should be. Tyler Johnson just f***ing standing there. I can't wait until he's gone. I also don't understand why he keeps getting put out there.
I think its just his reputation from Tampa that keeps him in.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
He's out there because he works hard and LuRich adores him because he works hard and he's a vet. Don't overcomplicate it.
If he were noticeably busting his tail it would be easier to stomach. Reese Johnson works his ass off. He stinks but you can see the effort. TJ feels like he floats as much as anyone on the team and makes the most dogshit lazy plays with the puck and has never been docked a regular shift

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
another good tank loss....

damn

They were competitive without pretty much any NHL defenseman. Bedard 2 more points. Reichel inching better. Meh

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
sat in the worst seats in the house last night. 100 level, even with the top of the circles, 8 rows up. Great seats if you don't mind only seeing half the ice. Literally can't see anything on the other end of ice except some bits on the opposite side of the ice. Spent the whole game alternating between looking at the ice and looking at the tV on the scoreboard.

Glad they were free, would've been really pissed if I put down real money for those seats.

Reactions: ytsejam and Pez68

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Everyone on the team sucks, Johnson's ice time in the last year of his deal (if he pots some goals, maybe he can get traded) isn't a big point of concern.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'd rather see a rotating cast of AHL youngsters, than watch his embarrassing ass every night. But I understand why that won't happen.
Sure... this team isn't at that stage of development yet. You would rather, but they dont exist. This team is still tank with terrible veteran phase. They have 1 solid ahler forward with an NHL likely future right now. He needs consistency. They're even raw with ahl depth. It's not their because they didn't begin to actually take this a rebuild until 2 years back.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Everyone on the team sucks, Johnson's ice time in the last year of his deal (if he pots some goals, maybe he can get traded) isn't a big point of concern.
Nobody is concerned about Tyler Johnson costing the team games because he's getting too much ice time. We're annoyed that he's getting too much ice time because he is frustrating as hell to watch. He makes way more shitty plays than good ones and he flubs golden opportunities routinely.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Sure... this team isn't at that stage of development yet. You would rather, but they dont exist. This team is still tank with terrible veteran phase. They have 1 solid ahler forward with an NHL likely future right now. He needs consistency. They're even raw with ahl depth. It's not their because they didn't begin to actually take this a rebuild until 2 years back.
Saarela, Luypen and Rolston are all new to the AHL and should get their time there before any sort of sink/swim test if it came to it. Perhaps Teply will get his sink or swim test after the deadline assuming a couple more bodies are cleared out. You're right that the Forward prospect group at Rockford this year isn't particularly enticing after Dach. Those guys were 4th-7th round picks and haven't done a ton to rise above that.

Dach I wouldn't recommend more than a game or two. He should continue playing a lot and developing, I don't think an extended look at this stage would be all that helpful for him and could have an opposite effect. Same as Allan and Del Mastro, these are '03s and a long way away from losing waiver-exempt status.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad